Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
If you are new to social media or you’re not sure you’re doing the right thing, this page is for you. It contains a number of resources to help bring you up to speed.
Our original research:
- The Social Media Marketing Industry Report is the longest running annual study on how marketers are using social media and what their future plans are.
- The Creator Monetization Report is an annual study that explores how bloggers, video creators, and podcasters make money.
The Journey, an episodic video documentary, reveals what many will see as an impossible goal pursued by Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner. Mike is on a mission to grow his company’s customer base by more than 62% year over year. Watch as he inspires and mobilizes his marketing team to take action.
The Social Media Marketing podcast—a top 10 marketing podcast on iTunes—is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
The Social Media Marketing Talk Show is a weekly live video show where we review the week’s top news in social media and what it means for marketers. The show is also distributed as an audio podcast.
About Our Society
If your job is to manage social media, but you’re struggling to keep up, check out the Social Media Marketing Society®, the online membership community from Social Media Examiner. Inside the Society, you’ll (1) develop a true competence (and confidence) to tackle change, head on with ongoing monthly training, curated to keep you on the leading edge of marketing innovation; (2) tap directly into the Social Media Examiner network of social media experts with live “office hours” and an active community you can turn to any time to get your questions answered; and (3) get plugged into a welcoming group of your peers. You’ll be amazed by how many people you connect with who are are just like you.
Attend Social Media Marketing World
The industry’s leading physical conference, Social Media Marketing World®, is hosted by Social Media Examiner. It’s the world’s largest social media marketing conference.
By attending, you’ll make connections with thousands of social media pros and you’ll discover amazing ideas that will transform your social media marketing. The event takes place in San Diego, California.Watch this video from Social Media Marketing World.
Facebook for Business: The Ultimate Facebook Marketing Guide: Articles and resources for beginner, intermediate & advanced marketers working with Facebook pages, profiles, groups, ads, Live video, analysis, contests, & more.
Click here for our latest articles on Facebook.
- Instagram for Business: The Ultimate Instagram Marketing Guide: Articles and resources for beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers working with Instagram profiles, stories, live video, ads, analysis, contests, and more.
Click here for our latest articles on Instagram.
- Articles and resources to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers use YouTube channels, video, ads, analysis, and more for business.
Click here for our latest articles on YouTube marketing.
- LinkedIn for Business: The Ultimate LinkedIn Marketing Guide: Articles and resources for beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers working with LinkedIn profiles, video, ads, analysis, and more.
Click here for our latest articles on LinkedIn.
- 3 Ways to Find Prospects Using Twitter: Because Twitter is discontinuing lead generation cards, now is the time to put new lead funnel techniques in place. Explore three ways to find your next customers on Twitter
- Twitter Video: How to Create Engaging Video Content: With the launch of its native live video service, Twitter is prioritizing video higher in the news feed, making it the perfect way to reach your audience more often. Learn how to use video on Twitter to better engage your audience
- How to Use Twitter Analytics to Improve Your Marketing: Looking at your Twitter metrics will help you make more informed decisions about your Twitter marketing efforts. Find out how to use Twitter Analytics to improve your marketing.
- 9 Ways to Refine Your Twitter Ad Targeting: Twitter provides all of the tools you need to put highly tailored ads in front of the people most likely to click on them. Discover nine ways to target your audience more effectively with Twitter ads.
Click here for our latest articles on Twitter.
- How to Optimize Pinterest Content for Search: Identifying valuable long-tail keyword phrases will help you optimize your profile and pins for search. Learn how to use Google’s Keyword Planner to research keywords and boost the visibility of your Pinterest content.
- How to Create a Pinterest Showcase for Your Business: Pinterest showcases allow businesses to rotate select pins at the top of their profiles. Discover how to build a Pinterest showcase for your business profile.
- How to Amplify Your Pinterest Marketing: A successful Pinterest marketing strategy relies on the right mix of individual pins and boards to attract viewers and drive engagement. Find out how three brands are using unique Pinterest boards to amplify their visual marketing.
- Promoted Pins: How to Advertise on Pinterest: Explore everything you need to know about promoted pins on Pinterest.
Click here for our latest articles on Pinterest.
- How to Create a Snapchat Geofilter on Your Phone: Want to design Snapchat geofilters on the go? Learn how to easily create and purchase custom Snapchat geofilters from within the mobile app.
- How to Use Snapchat for Customer Support: Snapchat’s text, video, and phone chat features allow you to support customers in the format they prefer. Find out how to use Snapchat features to provide helpful and engaging customer support.
- 5 Ways to Generate Leads From Snapchat: As great as Snapchat is for engaging with people, it also has the potential to deliver viable leads. Explore five ways to generate leads with Snapchat.
- 10 Snapchat Hacks to Make Your Snaps Stand Out: Learning to use all of the features Snapchat offers is a big part of telling stories people will want to follow. Discover 10 hacks for creating more appealing Snapchat stories.
Click here for our latest articles on Snapchat.
- Live Video Strategy: How to Create a Show That Engages: Explores four levels of broadcasting equipment and discover how to create an engaging flow for your live show.
- How to Choose the Best Live Video Platform: Interested in using live video on your social channels? Discover the platform benefits and how to use live video on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- How to Do a Facebook Live Split-Screen Interview: Looking for a tool that lets you bring a remote guest into a Facebook Live video? Discover how to broadcast a Facebook Live interview with a split screen.
- Live Video: Tips and Techniques for Creating Great Content: Discover a formula for beginning and ending live video and learn how to make your live videos look more professional.
- How to Create Social Videos With Your Smartphone: Find out how to shoot and edit videos to share on social media with your smartphone.
- How to Easily Edit Video: A Simple Guide: Whether you’re publishing video to your vlog, blog, or social media, editing your footage helps you present a consistent experience to your viewers. Learn how to edit your video content with a free tool so you don’t break your budget.
- 3 Ways to Create a Video Studio on Any Budget: You don’t need to spend a lot on high-end camera gear and equipment for your studio to create top-notch social media videos. Find out how to set up a video studio without breaking the bank.
- 3 Ways to Easily Caption Social Media Video: Worried that most people view your social media video with the sound off? Explore three ways to automatically caption social media video
Click here for our latest articles on video marketing.
- How to Build Backlinks for Your Blog From Quality Sites: Having multiple high-quality websites link to your blog content demonstrates to search engines that your blog offers valuable information. Learn how to get high-quality, authoritative links back to your blog.
- How to Build a Social Media Marketing Funnel for Bloggers: Wondering how to combine blog posts with social media content to move people through the sales cycle? Discover how to use blog posts to create social media content at every stage of your marketing funnel.
- How to Protect Your Blog Content From Copyright Infringement: As a blogger, you put hours into creating original content. Having it stolen can be frustrating and upsetting. Find out how to legally safeguard your blog content from copyright infringement, including what to do when your content gets stolen.
- How to Promote Your Blog Posts Using Social Media: A Guide for Marketers: Properly sharing your blog posts via your social media channels will help deliver a steady stream of visitors to your blog. Discover how to successfully cross-promote your blog posts on top social media platforms.
Click here for our latest articles on blogging.
- How to Design Social Media Images for Brand Recognition: Discover how to make your social profiles and visual content align to reinforce your brand and catch your audience’s eye.
- Animated Visuals: How to Bring Still Images to Life: Find three popular types of animated images and discover tools to easily animate your own images.
- 6 Visual Tools to Improve Your Social Media Content: Looking for easy-to-use tools for creating high-quality visual content? Explore six tools for creating unique, professional-looking visuals for social media.
- 4 Mobile Image Apps That Create Amazing Visuals: Looking for mobile image apps to enhance your visuals? Try these four mobile apps to help you create and publish outstanding social media images on the go.
Click here for our latest articles on visual content.
Tools From the Discovery of the Week
- 18 Apps and Tools for Social Media Marketers: 18 tools to improve the visual and written content you produce.
- 24 Hot Tools and Apps for Social Media Marketers: 24 tools to enhance your social media audio, video, and images.
- 23 Cool Tools for Social Media Marketers: 23 graphic, analytics, and productivity tools to help streamline your workflow.
- 25 Tools for Social Media Marketers: 25 helpful tools and apps to simplify your daily social media marketing tasks.
- 23 Tools and Tips for Social Media Marketers: 23 tools to streamline your daily social media tasks and increase visibility online.
Click here for our latest Discovery tool round ups.