Instagram for Business: The Ultimate Instagram Marketing Guide
If you’re new to Instagram business options or want to add something new to your current Instagram marketing plan, this page is for you.
Here, you’ll find articles and resources to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers use Instagram profiles, stories, live video, ads, analysis, contests, and more for business.
Understand the Instagram Shadowban
Is there an Instagram shadowban? Explore the truth behind Instagram’s ‘shadowban’ and learn how to avoid activities that can result in reduced visibility on Instagram.
Put My Business on Instagram
- How do I set up an Instagram business profile? Find out how to make the switch to an Instagram business profile and access a number of analytic features business owners will find useful.
- How do I create an easily recognizable Instagram style for my business? Discover how to create Instagram posts that reflect and support your branding.
- How do I sell my products on Instagram? Learn how to use Shoppable Posts to let people buy from you on Instagram.
- How do I use Instagram if I don’t sell physical products? Find out how to plan and construct Instagram posts to help service-based businesses establish a strong visual presence.
- How can I use more than one link in my Instagram bio? Discover three tools to help you get more out of your Instagram bio link by serving multiple links to people who click on your Instagram bio.
Advertise on Instagram
- How do I create Instagram lead ads? Learn how to create Instagram lead ads to collect valuable contact information from potential customers without pushing them off of the platform.
- How do I create Instagram Stories ads? Learn to create an ad that appears between stories on Instagram.
- What tools can I use to create Instagram ads? Find out how to create ads from stories, and serve ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- How can I use Instagram Stories ads? Explore three ways ads on Instagram can support brand awareness, drive sales, and collect user-generated content.
Monitor Analytics for Instagram
- What are some free Instagram analytics tools? Discover five Instagram analytics apps and tools that give you valuable Instagram metrics for free.
- Which analytics for Instagram should I watch? Learn how tracking the right Instagram metrics will help you identify successful marketing efforts and show where you can achieve better results.
- How can I use analytic data to improve my Instagram marketing? Find out how to use Instagram Insights to evaluate your followers, posts, stories, and promotions.
- Which Instagram Stories KPIs are most useful for marketers? Discover how to evaluate metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for Instagram Stories.
Broadcast With Instagram Live Video
- How do I go live on Instagram? Learn how to begin and end your Instagram live stream, and how to use live video in Instagram stories to support your business.
- How can I save Instagram live videos so my followers can replay them later? Find out how to get an extra 24 hours of view time for your live videos with Instagram Live video replays.
- How can I use Instagram Live to generate leads? Find out how to stay ahead of competitors by using Instagram Live stories as a lead generation tool.
- How do I bring a guest into my live video on Instagram? Discover how to use two-person live videos on Instagram.
Market With Instagram Stories
- How do I customize my Instagram story album covers? Find out how to change your Instagram story highlights cover from the default view to a branded cover image.
- How do I add a link to an Instagram story? Learn how to add links to your story on Instagram and find ways to incorporate story links into your Instagram marketing.
- Can I reshare my own or someone else’s Instagram post in my Story? Discover how to use Instagram’s Add Post to Your Story feature to add any public post to your Instagram story.
- Can I use stories from my Instagram business profile? Find out how to create, use, and analyze Instagram stories using a business account.
- How do I use Instagram Story Highlights for business? Discover how to combine multiple Instagram stories into an album your audience can discover for longer than 24 hours.
- How do I host an Instagram story takeover? Find out how to partner with highly engaged Instagram users to introduce their followers to your content.
- How do I add clickable hashtags and location stickers to my Instagram stories? Learn how to get your Instagram stories seen by more people by adding location tags and hashtags to your posts.
- How do I use polls in my Instagram stories? Discover how to create Instagram polls and monitor the results to capture feedback from your followers.
- How do I edit the colors, backgrounds, and alignment of text in Instagram Stories? Learn how to use Instagram’s Type Mode feature.
Use Hashtags on Instagram
- How do I use Instagram’s Follow Hashtags feature? Discover how to see posts with specific hashtags in your regular Instagram feed and stories.
- How do I know which hashtags resonate best with my target audience? Choose one of these five tools to evaluate and analyze the performance of your Instagram hashtags.
Tune in to Stay Current With Instagram Tactics and News
Social Media Examiner offers two weekly audio podcasts and a weekly live video talk show to boost your marketing skills and keep you up to date with the ever-changing world of social media.
The Social Media Marketing podcast, a top-10 marketing podcast on iTunes, is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. To discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcast | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS.
The Social Media Marketing Talk Show is a weekly 1-hour live video show that features expert commentary on the week’s top news in social media and what it means for marketers. Broadcast on Crowdcast, the show is simulcast each Friday to Facebook Live, Periscope, and YouTube. You can also listen and subscribe to the podcast version on iTunes/Apple Podcast, Android, Google Play, Stitcher, or via RSS.