Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
If you are new to social media or you’re not sure you’re doing the right thing, this page is for you. It contains a number of resources to help bring you up to speed.
Must Read Report
Take a quick read of the Social Media Marketing Industry Report (free immediate access). It is full of valuable information and includes answers to important questions such as, “How much time does social media marketing take?,” “What are the benefits?” and “Where are marketers focusing their energy?”
Subscribe to Our Podcasts
Social Media Examiner also hosts two popular podcasts:
The Social Media Marketing podcast—a top 10 marketing podcast on iTunes—is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
The Social Media Examiner Show is a daily 10-minute show designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest social media marketing know-how. Consume snack-sized social media content each day. The result: this daily dose of marketing know-how will equip you to take your social media to an entirely new level.
How to Subscribe to a Podcast on an iPhone: Watch this quick video to learn how to subscribe on your iPhone:
Join the Society
The Social Media Marketing Society is an online membership community for marketers. It’s the place to help you discover new ideas, avoid trial and error, implement new social tactics and find what works best with social media marketing.
By joining, you’ll receive original training three times every month, right from your office chair. You’ll also connect with your peers via live Society Hangouts (online video conferencing) and in our exclusive discussion forums.
Enrollment in the Social Media Marketing Society is open during limited times throughout the year.
- Essential Facebook Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: Discover expert Facebook marketing articles to help you develop a presence, run contests, design ad campaigns, and analyze the results of your efforts.
- How to Set Up a Facebook Page for Business: Are you interested in setting up a Facebook page for your business? In this article you’ll discover how to set up a Facebook page for your business.
- How to Use Facebook Messenger for Your Business: Discover how Messenger for business pages makes it easy to offer instant customer service.
- Facebook Professional Services: How Your Local Business Can Rank: Learn how to use the Facebook Professional Services feature to boost visibility with local customers.
Click here for our latest articles on Facebook.
- Essential Twitter Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: These expert articles will help you network with colleagues, generate leads, deliver effective advertising and measure the return on your Twitter marketing.
- 8 Tips to Improve Your Twitter Marketing: Find out how you can deliver better tweets, consistently.
- How to Run a Successful Twitter Contest: Learn how to plan and launch a contest on Twitter.
- How to Use Twitter Campaign Reports to Improve Your Twitter Ads: This article shares how to obtain insights about your audience from Twitter Ads campaign reports.
Click here for our latest articles on Twitter.
- Essential LinkedIn Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: Discover expert articles to help you develop a LinkedIn marketing plan, find prospective leads and master specific parts of the LinkedIn networking platform.
- How to Transform Your LinkedIn Profile Into a Marketing Tool: Discover how to turn your LinkedIn profile into a LinkedIn marketing tool that attracts prospects.
- How to Maximize Your LinkedIn Publishing Exposure: Get five tips for optimizing your content for LinkedIn publishing
- How to Advertise on LinkedIn: Learn how to use LinkedIn ads to reach the most relevant professional audiences for you business.
Click here for our latest articles on LinkedIn.
- Pinterest Marketing: Your Complete Guide to Pinterest Success: Are you looking for a Pinterest marketing guide? Each of these articles will help you master a specific part of marketing on the Pinterest platform.
- How to Start a Pinterest Board That Succeeds: Is Pinterest right for your business? This article shows you how to develop Pinterest boards for your business
- 5 Ways to Succeed With Pinterest Promoted Pins: Learn five ways Promoted Pins can help you reach more people and drive results.
- How to Use Pinterest Analytics to Improve your Marketing: Find out where to look for actionable information you can use to improve your Pinterest strategy.
Click here for our latest articles on Pinterest.
- Instagram Marketing: Your Complete Guide to Instagram Success: Do you want to learn how to market you and your business on Instagram? Each of these articles will help you understand and master Instagram marketing.
- 4 Instagram Tools for Scheduling Instagram Updates: Whether you’re in the middle of an event or on the road, there are scheduling tools to help you post to Instagram.
- How to Create Instagram Ads Using Facebook Ads Manager: Explore a step-by-step guide for creating an Instagram ad.
- 6 Tools for Selling Products on Instagram: Find six tools to maximize your revenue on Instagram.
Click here for our latest articles on Instagram.
- Snapchat for Business: A Guide for Marketers: Discover how to use Snapchat’s features to connect with your customers.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Snapchat Marketing: Improve your marketing on Snapchat by taking a cue from businesses that are successfully using the platform.
- Snapchat Content Strategy: How Marketers Can Win With Snapchat: Carlos Gil shares how marketers can benefit from Snapchat.
Click here for our latest articles on Snapchat.
- Essential Google+ Marketing Resource: A Complete Guide: Discover expert articles to help you manage your Google+ presence, promote contests, use Google +Post Ads, and master specific parts of the Google+ platform.
- Google+ Changes: What Marketers Need to Know: Discover how changes to the platform affect marketers.
- How to Use Google+ Collections for Business: Do you share a lot of updates on Google+? In this article, you’ll learn 11 ways to use Google+ Collections to organize updates.
Click here for our latest articles on Google+.
- How to Start a Business Blog: Seven Essentials for Success: Discover the seven critical elements you need for your business blog..
- How to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog Posts From Social Networks: Learn how to use the right tags to make your content stand out when shared in social media streams.
- 26 Blogging Tools to Simplify Your Life: An A-Z List: Find some must-have blogging tools to help you get more out of your blogging.
- Essential Google Analytics Resources for Marketers: A Complete Guide: Whether you’re marketing on social media as an individual or as a brand, these expert articles will help you track and analyze social media referral traffic, custom segments, split tests, conversions from social media and more.
Click here for our latest articles on blogging.
- How to Create Social Videos With Your Smartphone: Find out how to shoot and edit videos to share on social media with your smartphone.
- Meerkat or Periscope? How to Broadcast Video Via Mobile: Discover the differences between Meerkat and Periscope so you can choose the best one for your live mobile broadcasts.
- 15 Blab Tips for Marketers: Ultimate Guide to Blab.im: Learn from fifteen tips that will help marketers success with Blab.
- 14 Video Tools for Social Media Marketers: Find tools to help you create screencasts, montages and slideshow video.
- 3 Steps for Adding Video to Your Social Media Marketing: Explore tips that will get you started with video that engage people.
Click here for our latest articles on video marketing.
- Ultimate Guide to Social Media Image Sizes: Find the official dimensions recommended for images on the top social networks.
- How to Design Social Media Images for Brand Recognition: Discover how to make your social profiles and visual content align to reinforce your brand and catch your audience’s eye.
- How to Create Social Media Images That Support Your Brand: Learn how to use simple design tactics to help your audience instantly associate your pictures with your brand.
- How to Use Visual Content to Drive More Traffic: Find three creative examples from businesses that used visual content to drive traffic and get results.
Click here for our latest articles on visual content.
- Podcasting for Business: Why Marketers Are Betting on Podcasts: Explore why marketers are placing big bets on podcasting, during this Social Media Marketing podcast interview with Jay Baer and Joe Pulizzi.
- 3 Steps to Create Podcasts With Google Hangouts On Air: Want to double the size of your podcast audience? Here’s how to create podcasts with Google Hangouts On Air and gain a live audience for your podcast.
- Podcasting for Business: Top Podcasters Share Success Tips: Find out how podcasting can help build your business in this Social Media Marketing podcast interview with Michael Hyatt and Chris Brogan.
Click here for our latest articles on podcasting.