Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
If you are new to social media or you’re not sure you’re doing the right thing, this page is for you. It contains a number of resources to help bring you up to speed.
Must Read Report
Take a quick read of the Social Media Marketing Industry Report (free immediate access). It is full of valuable information and includes answers to important questions such as, “How much time does social media marketing take?,” “What are the benefits?” and “Where are marketers focusing their energy?”
Subscribe to Our Podcasts
Social Media Examiner also hosts two popular podcasts:
The Social Media Marketing podcast—a top 10 marketing podcast on iTunes—is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
The Social Media Examiner Show is a daily 10-minute show designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest social media marketing know-how. Consume snack-sized social media content each day. The result: this daily dose of marketing know-how will equip you to take your social media to an entirely new level.
How to Subscribe to a Podcast on an iPhone: Watch this quick video to learn how to subscribe on your iPhone:
LinkedIn Networking Group
Want to network or have social media questions? Check out our LinkedIn Group.
- Essential Facebook Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: Discover expert Facebook marketing articles to help you develop a presence, run contests, design ad campaigns, and analyze the results of your efforts.
- How to Set Up a Facebook Page for Business: Here’s everything you need to know to set up your Facebook Business Page.
- 9 Tips for Integrating Your Facebook Page With Your Facebook Profile: Here’s how to navigate between your personal Facebook Profile and your Facebook Business Page.
Click here for our latest articles on Facebook.
- Essential Twitter Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: These expert articles will help you network with colleagues, generate leads, deliver effective advertising and measure the return on your Twitter marketing.
- How to Optimize Your Twitter Profile for Mobile Users:Do you want to optimize your Twitter profile for mobile? Here’s how to make sure your Twitter profile makes a great first impression with mobile users.
- 8 Types of Twitter Cards Businesses Are Using: Do you know what a Twitter card is? This article shares eight types of Twitter cards, how to install them and their analytics options.
Click here for our latest articles on Twitter.
- Essential LinkedIn Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide: Discover expert articles to help you develop a LinkedIn marketing plan, find prospective leads and master specific parts of the LinkedIn networking platform.
- 5 Tips for Optimizing Your LinkedIn Company Page: How to build out your LinkedIn Company Page to create a valuable search result for your company..
- How to Use the New LinkedIn Header Image for Profiles: Have you noticed the new images at the top of LinkedIn profiles? This article explores the new LinkedIn header image and shows how others are using theirs.
Click here for our latest articles on LinkedIn.
- Essential Google+ Marketing Resource: A Complete Guide: Discover expert articles to help you manage your Google+ presence, promote contests, use Google +Post Ads, and master specific parts of the Google+ platform.
- How to Set Up a Google+ Page for Your Business: Follow these steps to set up your company page on Google+ and check out these examples of other businesses on Google+.
- 4 Tools that Measure Google+ Page Performance: Are you keeping tabs on your Google+ performance? Discover four tools to measure Google+ analytics, identify your key audiences and boost engagement.
Click here for our latest articles on Google+.
- 5 Ways to Tell if Pinterest is Right For Your Business: Discover whether Pinterest is a good fit for your business.
- How to Use Pinterest Rich Pins: What Marketers Need to Know: Learn how these new features provide more information on the images shared on Pinterest and how you can use this for your business.
- The New Pinterest Analytics Tool: How to Use It for Business: Do you want to measure your Pinterest efforts? This article shows how the new Pinterest Analytics features help get the most out of Pinterest marketing.
Click here for our latest articles on Pinterest.
- Instagram Marketing: Your Complete Guide to Instagram Success: Do you want to learn how to market you and your business on Instagram? Each of these articles will help you understand and master Instagram marketing.
- 26 Tips for Using Instagram for Business: Discover useful tips from the pros on how to use Instagram to enhance your customers’ experience and make your brand visible.
- 20 Instagram Apps to Enhance Your Photos and Videos: Check out these cool apps to create and edit outstanding images and videos for Instagram.
Click here for our latest articles on Instagram.
- 6 Ways to Grow YouTube Subscribers and Your Exposure: Here’s how to build an audience on YouTube for massive views, exposure and targeted traffic.
- How to Create Custom YouTube Thumbnails: Find out how savvy video marketers can take advantage of YouTube’s custom thumbnail feature.
- 5 Little Known YouTube Features for Marketers: Use YouTube features like Audio Library, Fan Finder, Website Annotations, InVideo Programming and YouTube Live Events to improve your Video Marketing.
Click here for our latest articles on YouTube.
- 5 Reasons Your Business Should Be Blogging: Why you need a business blog for more than SEO and how a blog can generate sales for your business.
- How to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog Posts From Social Networks: Learn how to use the right tags to make your content stand out when shared in social media streams.
- 3 Tools to Better Manage Your Blogging Editorial Calendar: How do you manage your blog editorial calendar? Check out these blogging tools to organize, track and plan your blog content.
Click here for our latest articles on blogging.
- How to Start a Business Podcast: Here are the steps to take to set yourself up for podcasting success.
- 3 Ways Podcasting Can Land You Customers: Discover how businesses are using audio to gain new customers.
- Proof That Podcasting Will Benefit Your Business: Here’s a case study on how Pat Flynn uses the power of podcasting to expand his business.
Click here for our latest articles on podcasting.