Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
If you are new to social media or you’re not sure you’re doing the right thing, this page is for you. It contains a number of resources to help bring you up to speed.
Must Read Report
Take a quick read of the Social Media Marketing Industry Report (free immediate access). It is full of valuable information and includes answers to important questions such as, “How much time does social media marketing take?,” “What are the benefits?” and “Where are marketers focusing their energy?”
Subscribe to Our Weekly Podcast
Social Media Examiner also hosts two popular podcasts:
The Social Media Marketing podcast—a top 10 marketing podcast on iTunes—is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
How to Subscribe to a Podcast on an iPhone: Watch this quick video to learn how to subscribe on your iPhone.
Watch to Our Live Show
The Social Media Marketing Talk Show is a weekly live video show produced by Social Media Examiner.
Each week we bring you expert commentary on breaking social media marketing news.
Attend Social Media Marketing World
The industry’s leading physical conference, Social Media Marketing World®, is hosted by Social Media Examiner. It’s the world’s largest social media marketing conference.
By attending, you’ll make connections with thousands of social media pros and you’ll discover amazing ideas that will transform your social media marketing. The event takes place in San Diego, California.
Watch this video from Social Media Marketing World.
- Marketing Your Business on Facebook: How to Choose Between Profiles, Pages, and Groups: Explore the options open to business owners on Facebook and the pros and cons of using each for marketing.
- How to Build a Facebook Page for Business: A Guide for Beginners: Would you like to start a Facebook page for your business but aren’t sure where to begin? Learn how to build a Facebook page for your business and how to protect it.
- How to Optimize Your Facebook Page for Product Sales: Wondering how to increase product sales without investing in Facebook ads? Find out how to organically optimize your Facebook page for more sales.
- The Facebook Algorithm Demystified: How to Optimize for News Feed Exposure: Wondering how to appear in more people’s news feeds? Discover how the Facebook algorithm works, and how marketers can optimize their posts for maximum news feed visibility.
Click here for our latest articles on Facebook.
- Instagram Business Profiles: Why Marketers Should Upgrade: Have you considered moving to an Instagram business profile? Explore the advantages you’ll gain with Instagram business profiles.
- How to Manage Instagram via the Facebook Inbox: Facebook’s Inbox allows you to manage Instagram, Facebook, and Messenger comments and messages in a single location. Discover how to use the Facebook Inbox to manage your Instagram account.
- How to Create Ads in Instagram Stories: Your Guide to Instagram Stories Ads: Instagram Stories ads appear between stories on Instagram and take up the full screen, creating a more immersive viewing experience. Learn how to create ads in Instagram Stories.
- How to Add a Link to Your Instagram Stories: Find out how to add links to your Instagram stories and find ways to incorporate story links into your Instagram marketing.
Click here for our latest articles on Instagram.
- 3 Ways to Find Prospects Using Twitter: Because Twitter is discontinuing lead generation cards, now is the time to put new lead funnel techniques in place. Explore three ways to find your next customers on Twitter
- Twitter Video: How to Create Engaging Video Content: With the launch of its native live video service, Twitter is prioritizing video higher in the news feed, making it the perfect way to reach your audience more often. Learn how to use video on Twitter to better engage your audience
- How to Use Twitter Analytics to Improve Your Marketing: Looking at your Twitter metrics will help you make more informed decisions about your Twitter marketing efforts. Find out how to use Twitter Analytics to improve your marketing.
- 9 Ways to Refine Your Twitter Ad Targeting: Twitter provides all of the tools you need to put highly tailored ads in front of the people most likely to click on them. Discover nine ways to target your audience more effectively with Twitter ads.
Click here for our latest articles on Twitter.
- 7-Step Checklist to Refresh Your LinkedIn Profile: Reviewing your LinkedIn presence on a regular basis ensures that you add new accomplishments and get rid of irrelevant information. Discover seven easy ways to get your LinkedIn presence ready for the new year.
- How to Assess Your LinkedIn Company Page Performance: Using key metrics to benchmark your LinkedIn company page performance against your competitors’ pages will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. Learn how to analyze your LinkedIn efforts and find out what’s working for your competition.
- How to Engage Prospects on LinkedIn: A 5-Step Plan for Better Leads: Wondering how to effectively engage your LinkedIn prospects? Find a five-step plan for turning cold LinkedIn prospects into warm leads.
- LinkedIn Matched Audiences: A Remarketing Guide for LinkedIn: LinkedIn Matched Audiences lets you deliver marketing messages based on website retargeting, account targeting, and email contact targeting. Discover how to target your prospects and customers using Matched Audiences on LinkedIn.
Click here for our latest articles on LinkedIn.
- How to Optimize Pinterest Content for Search: Identifying valuable long-tail keyword phrases will help you optimize your profile and pins for search. Learn how to use Google’s Keyword Planner to research keywords and boost the visibility of your Pinterest content.
- How to Create a Pinterest Showcase for Your Business: Pinterest showcases allow businesses to rotate select pins at the top of their profiles. Discover how to build a Pinterest showcase for your business profile.
- How to Amplify Your Pinterest Marketing: A successful Pinterest marketing strategy relies on the right mix of individual pins and boards to attract viewers and drive engagement. Find out how three brands are using unique Pinterest boards to amplify their visual marketing.
- Promoted Pins: How to Advertise on Pinterest: Explore everything you need to know about promoted pins on Pinterest.
Click here for our latest articles on Pinterest.
- How to Create a Snapchat Geofilter on Your Phone: Want to design Snapchat geofilters on the go? Learn how to easily create and purchase custom Snapchat geofilters from within the mobile app.
- How to Use Snapchat for Customer Support: Snapchat’s text, video, and phone chat features allow you to support customers in the format they prefer. Find out how to use Snapchat features to provide helpful and engaging customer support.
- 5 Ways to Generate Leads From Snapchat: As great as Snapchat is for engaging with people, it also has the potential to deliver viable leads. Explore five ways to generate leads with Snapchat.
- 10 Snapchat Hacks to Make Your Snaps Stand Out: Learning to use all of the features Snapchat offers is a big part of telling stories people will want to follow. Discover 10 hacks for creating more appealing Snapchat stories.
Click here for our latest articles on Snapchat.
- Video Blogging: How to Create Consistent YouTube Content: Explores how video blogging can help your business, and discover what you need to start your own video blog.
- 5 Ways to Add Variety to Your YouTube Channel: Wondering how to develop a content plan for YouTube? Discover five types of YouTube video to add to your business channel.
- 4 Ways to Increase YouTube Watch Time: Discover how to fine-tune your YouTube videos to increase the number of views your channel generates and also deliver longer viewing sessions.
- 5 Tips to Improve YouTube Video Performance: Wondering how to get your videos in front of more viewers? Discover five ways to get more views for your YouTube videos.
Click here for our latest articles on YouTube marketing.
- Live Video Strategy: How to Create a Show That Engages: Explores four levels of broadcasting equipment and discover how to create an engaging flow for your live show.
- How to Choose the Best Live Video Platform: Interested in using live video on your social channels? Discover the platform benefits and how to use live video on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- How to Do a Facebook Live Split-Screen Interview: Looking for a tool that lets you bring a remote guest into a Facebook Live video? Discover how to broadcast a Facebook Live interview with a split screen.
- Live Video: Tips and Techniques for Creating Great Content: Discover a formula for beginning and ending live video and learn how to make your live videos look more professional.
- How to Create Social Videos With Your Smartphone: Find out how to shoot and edit videos to share on social media with your smartphone.
- How to Easily Edit Video: A Simple Guide: Whether you’re publishing video to your vlog, blog, or social media, editing your footage helps you present a consistent experience to your viewers. Learn how to edit your video content with a free tool so you don’t break your budget.
- 3 Ways to Create a Video Studio on Any Budget: You don’t need to spend a lot on high-end camera gear and equipment for your studio to create top-notch social media videos. Find out how to set up a video studio without breaking the bank.
- 3 Ways to Easily Caption Social Media Video: Worried that most people view your social media video with the sound off? Explore three ways to automatically caption social media video
Click here for our latest articles on video marketing.
- How to Build Backlinks for Your Blog From Quality Sites: Having multiple high-quality websites link to your blog content demonstrates to search engines that your blog offers valuable information. Learn how to get high-quality, authoritative links back to your blog.
- How to Build a Social Media Marketing Funnel for Bloggers: Wondering how to combine blog posts with social media content to move people through the sales cycle? Discover how to use blog posts to create social media content at every stage of your marketing funnel.
- How to Protect Your Blog Content From Copyright Infringement: As a blogger, you put hours into creating original content. Having it stolen can be frustrating and upsetting. Find out how to legally safeguard your blog content from copyright infringement, including what to do when your content gets stolen.
- How to Promote Your Blog Posts Using Social Media: A Guide for Marketers: Properly sharing your blog posts via your social media channels will help deliver a steady stream of visitors to your blog. Discover how to successfully cross-promote your blog posts on top social media platforms.
Click here for our latest articles on blogging.
- How to Design Social Media Images for Brand Recognition: Discover how to make your social profiles and visual content align to reinforce your brand and catch your audience’s eye.
- Animated Visuals: How to Bring Still Images to Life: Find three popular types of animated images and discover tools to easily animate your own images.
- 6 Visual Tools to Improve Your Social Media Content: Looking for easy-to-use tools for creating high-quality visual content? Explore six tools for creating unique, professional-looking visuals for social media.
- 4 Mobile Image Apps That Create Amazing Visuals: Looking for mobile image apps to enhance your visuals? Try these four mobile apps to help you create and publish outstanding social media images on the go.
Click here for our latest articles on visual content.