Facebook for Business: The Ultimate Facebook Marketing Guide
If you’re new to Facebook business options or want to add something new to your current Facebook marketing plan, this page is for you.
Here, you’ll find articles and resources to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers use Facebook pages, profiles, groups, ads, Live video, analysis, contests, and more for business.
Understand the Facebook Algorithm
How do I adjust my Facebook strategy for Facebook’s announcement on changes to the news feed? Discover what to expect from the newest Facebook algorithm changes and learn how you can best build visibility and maintain engagement with audiences on Facebook
Put My Business on Facebook
- How do I choose the right channels for my Facebook presence? Explore the options open to business owners on Facebook and the pros and cons of using each for marketing.
- How do I make a business Facebook page? Learn how to build a Facebook page for your business and how to protect it.
- How do I make a Facebook page for a person? Discover why you should create a Facebook presence that’s separate from your personal profile and how to set up a Facebook public figure page.
- How do I use a Facebook profile for business? Discover how to prep your Facebook profile for a professional audience and find tips to help you post from your Facebook profile to support your business presence.
- How do I use Facebook groups for business? Find out how to use Facebook groups (your own group or those managed by others) to support and market your business.
- How do I connect a Facebook Group with my Facebook Page? Learn how to set up and use a Facebook Group as your Facebook business page.
- How do I use Facebook Group Units? Find out how to use Units to organize your group posts and content by topic.
- How do I customize the Facebook page preview shown when users hover on my page name on Facebook? Discover how to control and optimize your Facebook Page’s preview in the news feed.
Advertise on Facebook
- How do I install and use the Facebook pixel? Learn how to install and use the Facebook pixel on your website or blog to track website traffic and create trackable Facebook ads.
- How do I use Facebook Ads Manager? Find out how to navigate the Facebook Ads Manager main menu and discover the basics of creating and analyzing your Facebook ad campaigns.
- How do I create a Facebook ad in Business Manager? Learn how to create a Facebook page post ad using Facebook Business Manager.
- How do I create my first Facebook advertising campaign? Follow along to create an effective Facebook advertising campaign and learn to avoid common mistakes that cost time and money.
- How do I set a Facebook ad budget? Learn how to budget for Facebook advertising costs by working backward from the revenue you want to generate.
- How can I save money on my Facebook ads? Find out how to use the Facebook Budget Optimization tool to automatically optimize your budget distribution across ad sets, so you reach to most effective Facebook audiences.
- How do I deliver Facebook ads to custom audiences? Discover how to retarget people on Facebook by building six new custom audiences based on Facebook page engagement.
- How do I use Facebook Event Targeting? Find out how to retarget ads to people who engage with your events on Facebook.
- How do I use automated rules to optimize my Facebook advertising campaigns? Discover how to automate tasks such as raising or lowering bids or pausing underperforming ads.
- How do I automatically split-test my Facebook ad creative? Learn how to use Facebook’s Dynamic Creative tool to reveal the most effective combination of ad components.
- How can I make sure I don’t serve the same ad to the same users too many times? Discover the common causes of ad fatigue and how to solve audience overlap.
- How do I use Facebook ads with WhatsApp? Find out how to set up a WhatsApp Business account and use Facebook ads to let WhatsApp users call or message your customer support team.
- How can I lower Facebook ad costs? Find out how building engagement on your posts sends positive signals to the Facebook algorithm, which can boost your reach, increase the size of your warm audience, and ultimately lower your advertising costs.
- Should I choose to be charged for Facebook ads by link clicks or by impressions? Learn how choosing to pay for ads based on link clicks (CPC) or impressions (CPM) affects your Facebook ad campaigns.
- How do I find and reach Facebook users who are similar to my customers? Discover how to reach a highly targeted lookalike audience of your best customers by applying the customer lifetime value feature to a Facebook custom audience.
- How do I run Facebook ads only at certain times, on certain days, or at certain times on certain days? Find out how to use dayparting to schedule Facebook and Instagram ads to pause and run on specific days and times.
Integrate Facebook Messenger & Bots
- How do I use Messenger for Facebook customer service? Find out how to use Facebook Messenger as a valuable social customer care tool.
- How do I build a Facebook Messenger chatbot? Discover how to set up a chatbot that will help your followers get answers to frequently asked questions and other inquiries.
- How do I set up Facebook Messenger ads? Learn how to set up Facebook ads that display inside the Messenger app on the Home tab, increasing the likelihood that people will interact with your business.
- How can I deliver more effective messaging to your subscribers? Learn how to build an automatic lead score system into your Messenger bot to help you track and identify where a user is in their customer journey
- How can I add Facebook Customer Chat to my website? Find out how to use Facebook’s Messenger Customer Chat plugin to have a live conversation with site visitors.
Analyze Facebook Marketing
- How do I analyze Facebook data with Facebook Page Insights? Find out how to download and analyze your Facebook Page Insights data and use the information to reveal how your Facebook audience responds to your marketing.
- How do I get started with Facebook Analytics? Learn how to get started with Facebook Analytics, a robust tool that lets marketers explore users’ interactions with advanced goal paths and sales funnels for Facebook ads.
- How do I track Facebook ad data in Google Analytics? Discover how to set up and use Google Analytics goals to measure traffic and conversions from specific Facebook ads.
- How can I learn more about the Facebook users who visit my site? Find out how to set up and use Facebook Analytics for your website.
Market With Facebook Video
- How do I set up Facebook desktop Live software? Follow along to find out how to set up free open source software that lets you broadcast with Facebook Live.
- How do I use Facebook Messenger bots with Facebook Live? Learn how to create a Facebook Messenger bot that generates qualified leads from your live videos by making it easy for viewers to sign up for and receive your offers.
- How do I use live video and Facebook ads to generate leads? Find out how to develop warm leads by combining live video with Facebook ads.
- How do I get people to watch my videos all the way through? Discover how to set up a Facebook ad campaign that generates longer Facebook video watch times.
- What is a Facebook Watch Party? Find out how to run a Facebook watch party so your Facebook group can watch and comment on videos together.
Tune in to Stay Current With Facebook Tactics and News
Social Media Examiner offers two weekly audio podcasts and a weekly live video talk show to help boost your marketing skills and keep you up to date with the ever-changing world of social media.
The Social Media Marketing podcast, a top 10 marketing podcast on iTunes, is a weekly 45-minute interview show hosted by our founder, Michael Stelzner. To discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcast | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS.
The Social Media Marketing Talk Show is a weekly one-hour live video show that features expert commentary on the week’s top news in social media and what it means for marketers. Broadcast on Crowdcast, the show is simulcast each Friday to Facebook Live, Periscope, and YouTube. You can also listen and subscribe to the podcast version on iTunes/Apple Podcast, Android, Google Play, Stitcher, or via RSS.