In this video I interview Carri Bugbee, founder of Big Deal PR, whose story is shared in the book Social Media Case Studies, Stories and Perspectives.
Carri is better known for her role tweeting as Peggy Olson, a fictional character on AMC’s Mad Men. She shares the story behind her fan fiction role and the lessons brands can learn from her story.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- Why brands need to monitor their personae online
- Why people thought the Peggy Olson Twitter stream was a marketing campaign
- How AMC reacted to the Peggy Olson Twitter account
- How fans supported the fan fiction Twitter accounts
- What you need to know when evangelizing a brand
- What to do when you have an enthusiastic fan base
- How to help your brand evangelists
What do you think about fan fiction roles on social media? Please leave your comments below.