In this video I interview Kelly Thul, Director, Enterprise Internet Solutions at State Farm Insurance. Kelly shares insights into how State Farm has over a million views on YouTube, how they communicate using YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
You’ll learn how State Farm took advantage of a partnership to get started in social media and learn about the environment three years ago. You’ll also find useful tips for your corporate social media strategy. So be sure to read the takeaways below and leave your comments below once you’ve listened to the video.
In this video, you’ll hear how State Farm:
Put Google Analytics to Work for Your Business (Online Training)
Ever thought, "there's got to be a better way" when it comes to tracking your marketing activities? Are you forced to make decisions based on limited data? With the right training, you can use Google Analytics to measure all of your marketing efforts with certainty.
You’ll stop the leaks in your ad spending, justify your marketing spend, gain the confidence you need to make better marketing decisions, and know what’s working at every step of the customer journey. Let the world's leading analytics pro show you the way. Check out our new Google Analytics for Marketers course from your friends at Social Media Examiner.CLICK TO LEARN MORE: ANALYTICS TRAINING
- Publishes different types of content on their YouTube channel to engage with different audiences and which one gets the most views.
- Finds internal social communication important for their activity and what the key factors are in getting this right.
- Explains the different uses of social media (internal versus external) to their employees.
- Uses YouTube, Twitter and Facebook individually and how all three work together.
- Creates different types of relationships on Twitter compared to Facebook.
- Uses an iPhone app, Pocket Agent, to provide services and connectivity to their agents and how the value this brings makes it a popular app.
Kelly’s advice for other businesses is to be inclusive in who you involve. Get all of your departments involved because this is an environment where things can happen quicker across different functions.
What is your favorite takeaway? Please share it in the comments below.