In this video I interview Kelly Thul, Director, Enterprise Internet Solutions at State Farm Insurance. Kelly shares insights into how State Farm has over a million views on YouTube, how they communicate using YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
You’ll learn how State Farm took advantage of a partnership to get started in social media and learn about the environment three years ago. You’ll also find useful tips for your corporate social media strategy. So be sure to read the takeaways below and leave your comments below once you’ve listened to the video.
In this video, you’ll hear how State Farm:
Get Expert Social Media Marketing Training from the Pros
Want to get ahead of the competition and learn how to diversify your social marketing strategy?
Learn from the industry's most trusted experts, rub elbows with other smart marketers, and take your marketing to the next level during this 3-day event in sunny San Diego, California.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- Publishes different types of content on their YouTube channel to engage with different audiences and which one gets the most views.
- Finds internal social communication important for their activity and what the key factors are in getting this right.
- Explains the different uses of social media (internal versus external) to their employees.
- Uses YouTube, Twitter and Facebook individually and how all three work together.
- Creates different types of relationships on Twitter compared to Facebook.
- Uses an iPhone app, Pocket Agent, to provide services and connectivity to their agents and how the value this brings makes it a popular app.
Kelly’s advice for other businesses is to be inclusive in who you involve. Get all of your departments involved because this is an environment where things can happen quicker across different functions.
What is your favorite takeaway? Please share it in the comments below.
Curious about NFTs, DAOs, and Web3?
Follow the Crypto Business podcast to find out how NFTs, social tokens, DAOs (and so much more) will affect your business in the near future.
Every Friday, host Michael Stelzner interviews leading industry experts about what works right now in Web3 and what to expect in the future, so you can prepare your business for the shift, even if you're a total newbie.