In this video I interview Brian Solis author of the best selling book Engage! Brian shares how his Social Media Manifesto became a rallying cry and led to the “Engage or Die” slogan he now uses on his website.
You’ll also learn why social media can do more for businesses today and what businesses need to look for in geo-location tools. There are more opportunities today for businesses to engage with their customers and Brian gives you insights into how to convert this engagement into sales.
Be sure to read the takeaways below and leave your comments after you’ve watched the video.
Here are a few of the things you’ll discover:
- What the consequences are of not engaging in social media
- The meaning of “Digital Darwinism”
- What geo-location means for the different players
- Why local businesses have new tools to use on the web
- How culture is changing as people interact more on their social graph
- When it’s possible to convert engagement into sales
What’s next for Brian? He’s focusing on privacy and taking the public role in advocating how we can control privacy on social media. Connect with Brian on his website, on Twitter and check out his book Engage!.
What do you see in the future of social media engagement? Please share your comments below.