How to Create Facebook Video Ads
Have you considering adding video to your ads?
If you want to drive Facebook users to your website, videos on Facebook are worth a look.
In this article I’ll explain how to create Facebook video ads through both the live advertising interface and Power Editor.
Create Video Ads With the Live Interface
1. Log into your advertising manager. Click on Create Ad on the top right corner of the screen.
2. Next, select Get Video Views.
3. Facebook will then ask you to choose which page you want to use to promote the video.
4. Now, set up the campaign. Insert the campaign name and then select your target audience demographics (location, age, gender), interests and behaviors. Finally choose your bidding strategy and budget.
5. Once the campaign is set up, upload your video. The format required for the videos is .MOV files. Upload files up to 1 GB with resolution of at least 720p and an aspect ratio of at least 16:9.
6. After you successfully upload the video, set up the text and a call to action for the ad.
This is an extremely important step because you only will be able to set up a landing page if you pick one of the eligible calls to action. The call to action will show up while the video is playing and you won’t be able to see it in the preview.
Create Video Ads With Power Editor
Creating a video campaign within the Facebook Power Editor might seem more complex. However, it’s the easier option if you want to create several variations of your ads for testing purposes.
1. To start, enter your Facebook ad manager and click on Power Editor.
2. Download your advertising account in Power Editor before you start the campaign-creation process.
3. First, sort your data by campaign. Then, create a new one.
4. Insert the name of the campaign, the ad buying type and objective. To drive traffic to the site, you need to select Video Views as the objective.
5. Next, switch to the ad set view within the Campaign tab and create a new ad set for your video ads.
An ad set is group of ads targeting a specific group of people. Each target group needs its own ad set. Segment your ad sets as much as possible in order to analyze the results of your campaigns at the target group level.
Set up the targeting method, budgets, placements and the bidding model at the ad set level, as is now required by Facebook.
Here’s how to set up the ideal viewer profile for your video ad.
6. Switch from the campaign view to the ad set view in the vertical menu of Power Editor. Select the ad set you just created and then click on the Ads tab at the top of your screen. You will now be able to create a new ad.
7. Name the ad and then customize it.
First, select the page you will use to promote it. Then insert the text, upload the video you want to use and select a call to action to insert your landing page URL.
The nice part about Facebook Power Editor is that once it’s set up, you can duplicate ads to quickly create new split tests. You can also duplicate ad sets to target other groups.
Video advertising represents great opportunities for your business. Test it in your Facebook ads account. You may also want to split test video ads against standard posts in your Facebook marketing.
While it’s easy to set up video ads in the live account, it might be limiting when it comes to optimizing and scaling. Become familiar with Power Editor and unlock the functionality that comes with it.
Video ads will bring your marketing efforts to the next level!
What do you think? Have you tried videos in your Facebook ads? Do you use the live interface or Power Editor? What has been your experience? Please leave your comments below.