Volunteer at Social Media Marketing World 2018
We are currently fully staffed for Social Media Marketing World 2017. If you’d like to be notified when the 2018 volunteer application is available, please express your interest here.
Social Media Marketing World is proudly produced by the team at Social Media Examiner. We typically need just a few volunteers, so if you are hoping to attend the event we strongly encourage you to take advantage of current discounted prices. You can always resell your ticket later or if we choose you as a volunteer we can refund your ticket. Go here to purchase your ticket.
If you are selected as a volunteer, there are a few basic commitments we require. If you are unable to meet these requirements, we suggest you purchase a ticket and enjoy the event as an attendee.
Before the Event
- Sign Volunteer Agreement.
- Attend one of the pre-event online Staff Webinars.
- Attend staff training and kick-off on Tuesday, February 27th at 1pm to 6pm at the San Diego Convention Center.
During the Event
You can expect to work up to15-20 hours (not including the training day) for your free ticket to the event. In many cases you will still be able to attend some (or even all) of the sessions you desire. We try to accommodate your preferences, but this is a volunteer position and we do expect you to work for your free ticket.
Provide feedback following the event through staff survey and/or email.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfort with high public visibility. Outgoing personalities are a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Events experience a plus.
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity.
- Availability: Tuesday, February 27 at 1pm until Friday, March 2 at 6pm.
Benefits to You
- Access to event sessions, once shift is complete or as duties allow.
- Access to conference breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday.
- Access to the evening Networking Parties, once shift is complete.
- Access to the event Recording Pass.
- Exposure to the top leaders in the social media marketing industry.
- Behind the scenes access to the Social Media Examiner team.
- Expand your network of friends and potential business or employment opportunities.