Got questions? We have answers…
When and where is the conference?
Social Media Marketing World takes place on March 22, 23 and 24, 2017 in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center (111 W. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101). Click here for travel details.
Here’s the high-level schedule (note: all times are Pacific Daylight Time):
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- 11am to 8pm: Early check-in (workshops only from 11am-1pm)
- 1pm to 4:30pm: Workshops (these pre-event workshops are included with your ticket price and are available on a first come, first served basis)
- 7pm to 11pm: Opening-night Networking Party on the USS Midway aircraft carrier
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- 6am: Power networking walk
- 7am to 8am: Check-in
- 7am to 8am: Coffee, muffins and networking
- 8am: Event kickoff and keynote
- 9:15am: Networking and refreshments
- 10:30am to 12:15pm: Track sessions
- 12:15pm to 2pm: Lunch and networking
- 1:00pm to 2:45pm: Workshops
- 2:00pm to 4:55pm: Track sessions
- 5:15pm: Keynote
- 6:30pm: Evening break
- 8:30pm to 11:30pm: Networking Party (Details TBD)
Friday, March 24, 2017
- 6am: Power networking walk
- 7:00am to 8:30am: Continental breakfast and networking
- 8:30am: Keynote
- 9:30am: Networking and refreshments
- 10:15am to 12pm: Track sessions
- 12pm to 1:30pm: Lunch and networking
- 12:45 to 2:15pm: Workshops
- 1:30pm to 4:25pm: Track sessions
- 4:45pm: Keynote
- 6pm: Event ends
What is included in the registration fee?
Your completed registration provides you the following:
- All 100+ expert-led track sessions, workshops and keynotes
- Access to the Networking Plaza
- Access and transportation to the opening-night networking party on the USS Midway aircraft carrier on Wednesday evening
- Access to the second-night party on Thursday evening
- Continental breakfast on Thursday and Friday
- Lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Recordings Pass for audio access to all sessions, workshops and keynotes for one year
Airfare and hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee. We have negotiated the best available rates at the several local hotels, including our headquarters hotel: the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. Go here for details.
Are the workshops included with my registration?
Yes! Your ticket to Social Media Marketing World grants you access to all of the workshops. We will only close a room once it has reached maximum capacity.
How do the tracks work?
Your ticket to Social Media Marketing World grants you access to all tracks. Sessions will be open to all ticket holders. We will only close a room once it has reached maximum capacity. Our goal is to provide you access to any session, regardless of the track.
Can I purchase just a single-day pass?
Your ticket to Social Media Marketing World is like a Disneyland ticket—you get access to everything. Single-day passes are not available.
Can tickets be shared with more than one person?
Tickets cannot be shared. However, you can fully grant your access to the event to another person prior to the start of the conference. All such requests must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Only requests made by the original registrant will be honored.
Can I bring a guest to the conference and networking events?
All attendees at the conference and networking events must be registered attendees who purchased tickets.
Are there student, government, group, nonprofit or military discounts?
The current price for Social Media Marketing World tickets is the best and only available rate.
Will there be Internet access at the conference?
Yes, complimentary Internet access will be available in the conference meeting spaces at the San Diego Convention Center.
Are meals provided at the conference?
Continental breakfast will be provided Thursday and Friday morning. Morning and afternoon breaks with refreshments are provided. Lunch is provided Thursday and Friday . The Wednesday evening event will offer plenty of food, so come hungry.
What is the weather like and what should I wear?
Conference attire is business casual for all events, including the evening events. The average temperature in San Diego is 70° F. For outdoors, a light jacket is recommended. Dress in layers. Temperatures usually range from the low 50’s to the high 70’s and can be breezy by the coast. Click here for the current weather.
What is the refund policy?
You may cancel your participation in Social Media Marketing World at any time, but please be aware of the following cancellation policy: If you cancel before November 30, 2016, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel between December 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee. If you cancel after February 1, 2017, you are not eligible for a refund but may send someone in your place. You may resell your ticket. To request a refund or fully grant your access to the event to another person, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only requests made by the original registrant will be honored.
Do you offer media passes?
This is not your typical event. Because our target audience are social media marketers, every attendee is part of the “media” and many will be publishing findings from the event. Because of this we don’t offer traditional media passes.
We do have time-sensitive discounts available that are the currently published prices. When those expire the price will go up. If you’re interested in coming, you should take advantage of these discounts.
How can we become an event sponsor?
Do you have an affiliate program?
Yes we do. Click here for details.
How do I update my registration details?
If you need to change the name that will appear on your registration badge, add your company name, change your contact details or indicate any dietary restrictions, click here to log in to your profile page and make those changes.
If you have forgotten your registration password, look for the “Lost password” box to have the system reset your password.
What are the dates for your event in 2018?
Have other questions?
Payment questions: Email email@example.com.
All other questions (registration, travel, etc.): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 858.413.7488 and one of our team members will help you out.