How Social Media Has Changed Customer Service
In this video I interview Peter Shankman, founder of Help a Reporter Out (HARO), vice-president of Vocus and author of Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World.
Peter shares the story of HARO and how customer service has evolved and gives insights into the best practices on how to engage with your customers on social media.
You’ll learn what you need to know to create a strong customer-service culture on social media.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- Why you need to be consistent on social media
- The brands doing a great job on social media and why
- How social media impacts customers
- Why you need to listen four times as much as you talk
- How to discover the issues your customers have
- What you must avoid at all costs
- Why you must look up your customers
- How to determine which customers are influential
- Why it’s important to be relevant
What do you think? How do you connect with your customers on social media? Do you look them up? What tips on customer service do you have to share?
Michael Stelzner is the founder and CEO of Social Media Examiner, and author of the books Launch and Writing White Papers. He's also the host of the Social Media Marketing podcast. Other posts by Michael Stelzner »