We received over 570 nominations for our third-annual Top 10 Social Media Blogs contest (the blogosphere’s biggest contest for social media blogs).
The list of 20 finalists is pretty impressive! Take a look for yourself below.
The Judges: Our judges include Andy Sernovitz (author, Word of Mouth Marketing & CEO, SocialMedia.org), Rick Calvert (CEO, BlogWorld) and Michael Stelzner (CEO, Social Media Examiner & author, Launch). They are currently finishing up their reviews of these sites.
Here are the finalists (in alphabetical order):
Get Instagram Marketing Training - Online!
Want to improve your engagement and sales with Instagram? Then join the largest and best gathering of Instagram marketing experts as they share their proven strategies. You’ll receive step-by-step live instruction focused on organic Instagram marketing, content creation, and Instagram ads. Become the Instagram marketing hero for your company and clients as you implement strategies that get proven results. This is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS — STARTS JULY 13TH!
- Bundle Post
- Digital Brand Marketing Education
- Heidi Cohen
- Inbound Marketing Spot
- Jeff Korhan
- Jeff Bullas
- Likeable Media
- Marketing Tech Blog
- Media First
- Media Tapper
- My Social Agency
- Pushing Social
- Sales Lion
- Social Mouths
- Social Strand Media
- Splash Media
How We’ll Pick the Winners
#1: Initial Qualification: A blog must have a strong social media focus and must have been nominated multiple times by multiple individuals. If someone nominated more than one blog, only the first nomination was counted.
#2: Final Winner Selection
- Quality of posts: Our judges will examine and score the quality of posts on each blog. Educational and discussion-spurring posts are more valuable than self-promoting posts (55% of decision).
- Frequency of posts: Blogs that feature multiple posts per week will score higher. This is a sign of the blogger’s commitment to blogging (15%).
- Reader involvement: Blogs that have regular comments from readers are another sign of a healthy blog. In addition, the numbers of nominations for a specific blog play a part in this (15%).
- Blog ranking: The number of other blogs that link to the nominated blog shows the value of the content (15%). We’ll use accepted third-party blog ranking systems for this portion of the score.
Congratulations to the finalists! We’ll announce the winners here soon!
What do you think about these blogs? Leave your questions and comments in the box below.