Facebook Marketing in 2012: How to Keep Up With Facebook
Are you looking for more fans, better engagement and more sales?
If so, Social Media Examiner has some important news to share…
But first, here’s something to consider.
Since Facebook made Timeline mandatory for business pages on March 30, a lot of updates and enhancements have been introduced.
Some of them include:
- New layout
- Enhanced Facebook apps
- New Insights
- Sponsored stories and promoted updates
- Ability to schedule updates within Timeline itself
Today, businesses just like yours are using Facebook to create inspiring content that resonates with fans and converts them into customers and brand evangelists.
Take Emory’s on Silver Lake, for example—a lakeside bistro and bar in Everett, Washington. They created a $500 Facebook ad campaign that increased their fan base by 450% (now they have over 6000 fans!).
They created a great cover photo, showcased daily specials and nightlife events via sponsored stories, highlighted mouth-watering pictures and provided apps that allowed fans to access the menu and make reservations from within Facebook.
The strategy proved to be very successful and resulted in a 1500% increase in Facebook engagement!
How would you like to achieve something like that on your Facebook page?
Marketing in the Era of Timeline
Soon after Facebook Timeline was launched, brands across the board complained that the sharp decrease in fan engagement had to do with Timeline itself.
But advanced marketers quickly discovered that Timeline was not the culprit. The problem was with the strategies that brands were using to market on Facebook.
There has been a steep learning curve for all businesses using Facebook Timeline. Some are still struggling to figure it out.
But it is possible to gain more exposure on Facebook, attract quality customers and prospects and increase your sales.
Would you like to learn how? First, take a look at these numbers.
Current Statistics on Facebook Use and Adoption
Here are some statistical reasons why you should invest in learning about Facebook this year:
- 955 million monthly users
- 852 million daily logins (25% log in five times a day according to Edison Research)
- 72% of marketers plan to increase their use of Facebook marketing in 2012 (according to Social Media Marketing Industry Report)
- 54% of users access Facebook via mobile (according to Socialbakers)
- More than half of mobile users visit Facebook daily
These numbers show that Facebook is still the most frequently checked website on the Internet! The chances that your customers are there is very high, and that means that you should be there too.
Are you convinced? How would you like a “fast track” to Facebook marketing success?
Social Media Examiner Announces Facebook Success Summit 2012
Recognizing the need to keep up with all of the numerous Facebook changes, Michael Stelzner and company at Social Media Examiner have recruited 20 of the world’s leading Facebook marketing experts to present at the third-annual online Facebook Success Summit 2012.
Facebook Success Summit 2012 is designed to help you learn all of the latest business-building tactics on Facebook Timeline.
“Facebook is constantly evolving and almost everything that we taught last year has changed,” says Michael Stelzner, CEO and founder of Social Media Examiner. “If you want to quickly learn how to increase your exposure in the newsfeed, grow your audience, build strong brand advocates and increase your sales, this summit will deliver all of those things for you.”
Why Facebook Success Summit 2012?
Facebook Success Summit is the world’s largest online conference designed for marketers and business owners who want to achieve Facebook success.
- It is taught by some of the most respected Facebook experts in the industry.
- It is 100% online, which means that you can attend right from your home or office (no travel or hotel costs!).
- Conveniently spread over a four-week period starting on October 2, 2012.
- Transcripts and recordings are available if you’re unable to attend a session.
- Certificates of achievement are given to those who attend and pass an exam.
What Others Are Saying
Last year, 1800 people attended Facebook Success Summit 2011. They represented hundreds of small businesses as well as larger B2B and B2C organizations such as Sony, CNN, Hewlett-Packard, Hilton, Lexus, Air New Zealand, BP, Microsoft, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, ADP, Wells Fargo, Kaiser Permanente, PayPal, Oracle, Bristol-Myers Squibb, IBM and many more.
Here’s what attendees had to say about the event:
Well worth the time and money. I especially like that there are no travel costs and that if you happen to have a meeting or otherwise can’t attend, you can still read the transcript and watch the presentation. Ed Vawter
Great conference—I’ve had at least 19 “ah-ha!” moments so far. Jeff Evans
I stumbled across your Facebook conference by accident researching a client’s business. I was intrigued. I must say that it is one of the most well-thought-out virtual conferences I have ever seen, both in content (speakers) and tools that allow you to watch it live and review it many months later. Hal Fraser
Is This Summit Right for You?
Perhaps you’ve never attended a Facebook Success Summit before. You’re wondering whether this event is right for your business. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I getting the type of Facebook engagement that I would like?
- Are there some tactics that I’m not employing that might be useful for my business?
- Could I use some new ideas for marketing on Facebook?
If your answer to any of these questions is “Yes,” then come and learn from the leading Facebook authorities in the world.
Meet Your Presenters
This year’s presenters are the cream of the crop when it comes to Facebook marketing. They are leading experts in the industry and most of them have written a book about Facebook marketing.
Among them are:
- Mari Smith, co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day and author of The New Relationship Marketing
- Dave Kerpen, author of Likeable Social Media
- Amy Porterfield, co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies
- John Haydon, author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies
- Brian Carter, author of The Like Economy
- Mark Schaefer, author of Return on Influence
- Chris Treadaway, co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
- Jesse Stay, author of Facebook Application Development for Dummies
- Andrea Vahl, co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies
- Phyllis Khare, author of Social Media Marketing e-Learning Kit and co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies
- And many others!
What to Expect at Facebook Success Summit 2012
Facebook Success Summit is like no other summit you’ve ever experienced before—an online destination and a live event all rolled into one!
Once you purchase a ticket, you will be given a personalized link (like a key!) that unlocks the door to an exciting, exclusive place.
There you will be treated to sneak previews of all the sessions prepared for you.
When the day of the summit comes, you may choose to watch any or all of the sessions. It’s totally up to you!
Feel free to sit down, kick back and relax (remember each session will come to you directly from your computer!). While you’re there, feel free to talk to any of the presenters; participate in our Twitter chat room; or download slides, recordings and transcripts for future reference.
When the session is finished, move over to our Networking Clubs where you can chat, network and get to know other summit attendees.
Later on that same evening, you can watch a replay of the same sessions, if you want to. You’ll get an email notice as soon as the recordings are available. Prefer to read? You’ll get transcripts within about a week. And it doesn’t end there.
Throughout the following weeks, hang out in the private Networking Club to learn, share and discuss ideas with other marketers.
Remember, it’s live, it’s online and it’s designed to reach you wherever you are!
So are you ready to go?
Want to Save Some Money?
If you reserve your spot now, you will save 50%. Click here for details.
Over to You
Are you interested in learning how to successfully market your brand using Facebook Timeline? Leave your comments in the box below.