Listen to Mark and Brian to find out how they use social media to get more viewers and create better viewer experiences for their reality TV shows.
While Mark shares how he came to create Sarah Palin’s Alaska show, Brian provides the content and social media strategies TLC uses to appeal to different audiences.
Once you’ve watched the video, be sure to check out the take-aways below.
Here are some of the key things to look out for from Mark Burnett:
Social Video Summit (Online Training)
Wish you had an engaged social following that turned into customers? Want to succeed with social video, but something’s stopping you? Get ready to be coached by 12 of the world’s best social video marketing pros for an entire week. Each expert is a dedicated specialist. They live and breathe social video, delivering results for their clients every day. And they’ll share their proven strategies with you. You’ll learn from their mistakes, experiments, and successes. Imagine putting their wisdom to work immediately in your business. This is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.
LEARN MORE - SALE ENDS April 20TH!
- How social media has a massive impact on increasing viewership on reality television.
- Why the electronic water cooler is now social media.
- What lies behind the fascination Americans have for reality shows.
Check out Mark Burnett’s latest project: Your Own Show.
Brian Reich goes into more detail about how TLC builds social media communities around Sarah Palin’s Alaska show. You’ll pick up how TLC uses:
- 4 different blogs to cater to 4 different conversations around culture, media political and behind the scenes topics
- A content strategy across these blogs to engage different audiences.
- 2 podcast shows to get feedback immediately after the show and also give fans an opportunity to share their own experiences.
How does this example of using social media inspire you? Are there any take-aways you can easily apply to your business? Please share your thoughts below.