Listen to Mark and Brian to find out how they use social media to get more viewers and create better viewer experiences for their reality TV shows.
While Mark shares how he came to create Sarah Palin's Alaska show, Brian provides the content and social media strategies TLC uses to appeal to different audiences.
Once you've watched the video, be sure to check out the take-aways below.
Here are some of the key things to look out for from Mark Burnett:
Looking for something to make your life easier?
Discover the tools we recommend to drive engagement, save you time, and boost sales across your entire marketing funnel or business.
Whether you need help planning content, organizing social posts, or developing your strategy, you’ll find something for every situation.FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE TOOL
- How social media has a massive impact on increasing viewership on reality television.
- Why the electronic water cooler is now social media.
- What lies behind the fascination Americans have for reality shows.
Check out Mark Burnett's latest project: Your Own Show.
Brian Reich goes into more detail about how TLC builds social media communities around Sarah Palin's Alaska show. You'll pick up how TLC uses:
- 4 different blogs to cater to 4 different conversations around culture, media political and behind the scenes topics
- A content strategy across these blogs to engage different audiences.
- 2 podcast shows to get feedback immediately after the show and also give fans an opportunity to share their own experiences.
How does this example of using social media inspire you? Are there any take-aways you can easily apply to your business? Please share your thoughts below.
Get Your FREE Course: Web3 for Beginners
Curious about Web3, but don't know where to start or who to trust?
Introducing Web3 for Beginners, a course taught by Michael Stelzner, the founder of Social Media Examiner.
Learn the basics of Web3 and apply it to your business with this FREE comprehensive course.
CLICK HERE TO GET FREE ACCESS