Listen to Mark and Brian to find out how they use social media to get more viewers and create better viewer experiences for their reality TV shows.
While Mark shares how he came to create Sarah Palin’s Alaska show, Brian provides the content and social media strategies TLC uses to appeal to different audiences.
Once you’ve watched the video, be sure to check out the take-aways below.
Here are some of the key things to look out for from Mark Burnett:
Get YouTube Marketing Training - Online!
Want to improve your engagement and sales with YouTube? Then join the largest and best gathering of YouTube marketing experts as they share their proven strategies. You’ll receive step-by-step live instruction focused on YouTube strategy, video creation, and YouTube ads. Become the YouTube marketing hero for your company and clients as you implement strategies that get proven results. This is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS — STARTS SEPTEMBER 28TH!
- How social media has a massive impact on increasing viewership on reality television.
- Why the electronic water cooler is now social media.
- What lies behind the fascination Americans have for reality shows.
Check out Mark Burnett’s latest project: Your Own Show.
Brian Reich goes into more detail about how TLC builds social media communities around Sarah Palin’s Alaska show. You’ll pick up how TLC uses:
- 4 different blogs to cater to 4 different conversations around culture, media political and behind the scenes topics
- A content strategy across these blogs to engage different audiences.
- 2 podcast shows to get feedback immediately after the show and also give fans an opportunity to share their own experiences.
How does this example of using social media inspire you? Are there any take-aways you can easily apply to your business? Please share your thoughts below.