Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore new Instagram chat stickers and ad placements, as well as updates to LinkedIn’s pages and algorithm with special guests, Sue B. Zimmerman and Michaela Alexis.
Tune In to the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch the replay of this week’s show below.
Join us live, next week! Click here to RSVP.
About Our Special Guests
- Sue B. Zimmerman is an Instagram expert who helps businesses and marketers take their Instagram marketing to the next level. She’s the author of the Instagram Strategy Guide.
- Michaela Alexis is a LinkedIn expert and LinkedIn creator who helps businesses master their LinkedIn presence. She is the co-author of Think Video: Smart Video Marketing and Influencing.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 3:50 Instagram Rolls Out Chat Stickers for Stories
- 13:51 Instagram Developing Stop Motion Camera Mode for Stories
- 18:30 Instagram Stories Camera Stores Content Up to 7 Days
- 21:07 Instagram Opens Ad Placements in Explore
- 28:26 LinkedIn Announces New Features for Pages: Custom CTA Buttons, Analytics
- 39:00 LinkedIn Algorithm Update
Get YouTube Marketing Training - Online!
Want to improve your engagement and sales with YouTube? Then join the largest and best gathering of YouTube marketing experts as they share their proven strategies. You’ll receive step-by-step live instruction focused on YouTube strategy, video creation, and YouTube ads. Become the YouTube marketing hero for your company and clients as you implement strategies that get proven results. This is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.
Instagram Rolls Out Chat Stickers for Stories: Instagram Stories’ new Chat sticker lets you ask your followers to join a new group chat. Instagram is positioning it as a solution for people who want to have a big group conversation about something or to make plans.
Introducing the new chat sticker in Stories. Now, there’s an easy way to start conversations with a group of friends right from your story. pic.twitter.com/A1An7d9TjJ
— Instagram (@instagram) July 2, 2019
Instagram Developing Stop Motion Camera Mode for Stories: According to reports, Instagram is working on a new Stories camera mode that allows you to create stop motion videos easily through its app.
Instagram’s new Stopmotion Story Camera Mode hands-on demo pic.twitter.com/AoICLYLzOd
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) June 22, 2019
Instagram Stories Camera Stores Content Up to 7 Days: Instagram is rolling out a small but significant tweak that gives you more time to use the photos or videos that you capture with the Stories camera.
Instagram Opens Ad Placements in Explore: Instagram announced plans to slowly introduce ads in its Explore feed within the next few months. The first Explore ads, which are for IGTV, are live now.
LinkedIn Announces New Features for Pages: Custom CTA Buttons, Analytics: LinkedIn announced new features for pages that “make it easier for organizations to engage their community.”
LinkedIn Algorithm Update: According to an exclusive report by Axios, LinkedIn announced algorithm changes made over the past 12-18 months to favor conversations in its feed that cater to niche professional interests, as opposed to elevating viral content.