In this video I interview Scott McIlnay, commander in the US Navy and Director of Emerging Media Integration. Scott shares how the US Navy uses social media at the enterprise level.
You'll hear how they grew their Facebook page rapidly to over 70,000 fans. And Scott also highlights how the US Navy uses each of their social media platforms for a different purpose. Be sure to check out the other takeaways below.
You'll also hear how:
Attention Agency Owners, Brand Marketers, and Consultants
Introducing the Marketing Agency Show–our newest podcast designed to explore the struggles of agency marketers.
Join show host and agency owner, Brooke Sellas, as she interviews agency marketers and digs deep into their biggest challenges. Explore topics like navigating rough economic times, leveraging AI, service diversification, client acquisition, and much more.
Just pull up your favorite podcast app, search for Marketing Agency Show and start listening. Or click the button below for more information.
- Social media is a relatively new initiative for the US Navy at a departmental level.
- But they used what they had learned from previous decentralized social media activities to integrate social media on a larger scale.
- You need to have a social media presence up now. Sooner rather than later.
Here are the other places where you can find the US Navy
- Website: Navy.mil: for most of their content can be found.
- Twitter: @NavyNews: for interesting stories and to provide information when topical events occur.
- YouTube: for pre-packaged video content produced by their internal branch, and also for a lot of imagery from the Navy video news channel.
- Flickr: for still imagery.
- SlideShare: for analysis and resources to others in the Navy and the general public.
What does this inspire for you? Please leave your comments below.
3 Days of World-Class Training—Zero Travel!
Travel to Social Media Marketing World off the table? Get all of the great content at a fraction of the price with an On-Demand ticket.
That’s full access to recordings of every keynote, workshop, and session—the ones people travel thousands of miles to see. Don't wait. Get your On-Demand ticket and enjoy actionable content that you can watch anytime, anywhere.