In this video I interview Scott McIlnay, commander in the US Navy and Director of Emerging Media Integration. Scott shares how the US Navy uses social media at the enterprise level.
You’ll hear how they grew their Facebook page rapidly to over 70,000 fans. And Scott also highlights how the US Navy uses each of their social media platforms for a different purpose. Be sure to check out the other takeaways below.
You’ll also hear how:
Lead the Social Charge Instead of Playing Catch Up
Sick of wondering “What now?” everytime a social platform changes or the market shifts?
Get a look at where the social media marketing industry is headed—before it happens—with insightful trends analysis delivered weekly.
Let the Social Strategy Club be your secret competitive advantage.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- Social media is a relatively new initiative for the US Navy at a departmental level.
- But they used what they had learned from previous decentralized social media activities to integrate social media on a larger scale.
- You need to have a social media presence up now. Sooner rather than later.
Here are the other places where you can find the US Navy
- Website: Navy.mil: for most of their content can be found.
- Twitter: @NavyNews: for interesting stories and to provide information when topical events occur.
- YouTube: for pre-packaged video content produced by their internal branch, and also for a lot of imagery from the Navy video news channel.
- Flickr: for still imagery.
- SlideShare: for analysis and resources to others in the Navy and the general public.
What does this inspire for you? Please leave your comments below.
Experience The World's Largest Social Media Conference
Quality marketing training, actionable takeaways, and beneficial connections—that's just a fraction of what you can expect at Social Media Marketing World! Join thousands of smart marketers in sunny San Diego this spring and level up your marketing.
🔥 Sale ends Wednesday! 🔥