In this video I interview Peter Shankman, founder of Help a Reporter Out (HARO), vice-president of Vocus and author of Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World.
Peter shares the story of HARO and how customer service has evolved and gives insights into the best practices on how to engage with your customers on social media.
You’ll learn what you need to know to create a strong customer-service culture on social media.
Social Media Marketing Society (Ongoing Online Training)
Want to confidently secure your future? Is your mission to bring in more revenue, attract better leads, or increase exposure for your company or clients? The Society Media Marketing Society is the ultimate resource for marketers—a place where you can discover new marketing ideas, improve your results, get support, and become indispensable. Join thousands of your peers and receive ongoing training, support from pros, and access to a community of supportive marketers who understand your struggle.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- Why you need to be consistent on social media
- The brands doing a great job on social media and why
- How social media impacts customers
- Why you need to listen four times as much as you talk
- How to discover the issues your customers have
- What you must avoid at all costs
- Why you must look up your customers
- How to determine which customers are influential
- Why it’s important to be relevant
What do you think? How do you connect with your customers on social media? Do you look them up? What tips on customer service do you have to share?