In this video I interview Peter Shankman, founder of Help a Reporter Out (HARO), vice-president of Vocus and author of Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World.
Peter shares the story of HARO and how customer service has evolved and gives insights into the best practices on how to engage with your customers on social media.
You’ll learn what you need to know to create a strong customer-service culture on social media.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Get Video Marketing Training—Online!
The Video Marketing Summit is ideal for any marketer who wants to increase their visibility, influence, and sales with video. Twelve of the world’s top video marketing experts will show you how to do this on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. The Video Marketing Summit is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- Why you need to be consistent on social media
- The brands doing a great job on social media and why
- How social media impacts customers
- Why you need to listen four times as much as you talk
- How to discover the issues your customers have
- What you must avoid at all costs
- Why you must look up your customers
- How to determine which customers are influential
- Why it’s important to be relevant
What do you think? How do you connect with your customers on social media? Do you look them up? What tips on customer service do you have to share?