In this video I interview Bernardo Huberman, director of the Social Computing Research Group at HP Labs and author of The Laws of the Web: Patterns in the Ecology of Information.
Bernardo shares why HP is studying social media as portal to understanding their customers and consumers. You’ll discover how HP is able to predict sales weeks before a product is released thanks to social media research.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
Get Video Marketing Training—Online!
The Video Marketing Summit is ideal for any marketer who wants to increase their visibility, influence, and sales with video. Twelve of the world’s top video marketing experts will show you how to do this on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. The Video Marketing Summit is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
- What you can learn about social behavior on social media
- How social media monitoring and research can help you learn more about your customers
- What you need to know about how people pay attention
- How to measure the degree of the interest people show in your product or service on social media
- How to analyze people’s behavior on the social web
- How you can predict the success of new ideas and new products
- How to determine how influential are you and how this correlates to the number of your followers
- How to understand the passivity of your followers and how this impacts social shares
- Why the “winner takes all” phenomenon impacts social media
Do you monitor or research what social media tells you about your business? What are your thoughts on this? Please leave your comments below.