In this video I interview Bernardo Huberman, director of the Social Computing Research Group at HP Labs and author of The Laws of the Web: Patterns in the Ecology of Information.
Bernardo shares why HP is studying social media as portal to understanding their customers and consumers. You’ll discover how HP is able to predict sales weeks before a product is released thanks to social media research.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- What you can learn about social behavior on social media
- How social media monitoring and research can help you learn more about your customers
- What you need to know about how people pay attention
- How to measure the degree of the interest people show in your product or service on social media
- How to analyze people’s behavior on the social web
- How you can predict the success of new ideas and new products
- How to determine how influential are you and how this correlates to the number of your followers
- How to understand the passivity of your followers and how this impacts social shares
- Why the “winner takes all” phenomenon impacts social media
Get Expert Social Media Marketing Training!
Want to keep ahead of your competitors? Need to master a social platform? Discover how to improve your social media marketing at Social Media Marketing World 2020, brought to you by your friends at Social Media Examiner. You’ll rub shoulders with the biggest names and brands in social media, soak up countless tips and new strategies, and enjoy extensive networking opportunities . Don’t miss the industry’s largest conference. Get in early for big discounts.
Sale ends Tuesday, January 21st, 2020.
Do you monitor or research what social media tells you about your business? What are your thoughts on this? Please leave your comments below.