In this video I interview Jesse Stay, co-author of I’m On Facebook Now What? and founder of SocialToo. Jesse talks about Facebook and how Facebook Connect can help you build a stronger online community.
You’ll also hear about Jesse’s Twitter strategy using multiple Twitter accounts and the tools he uses to stay on top of social media. Be sure to read the takeaways below.
Here are some key points Jesse talks about in this video:
What Jesse Likes About Facebook
- Facebook Connect enables you to embed simple html right on your own website.
- One example of good use of Facebook Connect is the Huffington Post where you can log in with Facebook Connect to see what your friends are doing there.
- Another example with Facebook Connect is Digg. When you log in to Digg with Facebook your friends on Facebook automatically become your friends on Digg
- Jesse like the Us Weekly Facebook Fan Page
- FBML for Fan page administrators to add custom fields on Facebook. You can learn more about FBML in Jesse’s book, FBML Essentials.
Biggest Facebook Mistake
Social Media Marketing Society (Ongoing Online Training)
Want to confidently secure your future? Is your mission to bring in more revenue, attract better leads, or increase exposure for your company or clients? The Society Media Marketing Society is the ultimate resource for marketers—a place where you can discover new marketing ideas, improve your results, get support, and become indispensable. Join thousands of your peers and receive ongoing training, support from pros, and access to a community of supportive marketers who understand your struggle.
- Mixing business with personal by not using privacy controls. You must set your privacy settings to control what is seen by the different audiences you have.
Jesse’s Twitter Strategy
Jesse has three Twitter accounts for the “niche-ation” of conversations:
- @Jesse is his public “me” account with mostly peer content, no public replies but an occasional DM
- @JessesLinks is his “you” account focused on to sharing other people’s links and content
- @JesseStay is his private “we” account. You’ll need to request to follow Jesse to show you’re a real person. This is where he connects and creates relationships with people. Jesse follows back the people who communicate with him on this account.
How Jesse Stays Up To Date
- RSS via Google Reader
- Friendfeed to search through the feeds he subscribes to
- Tweetbeep sends him emails of tweets based on certain keywords
What’s Next For Jesse?
What was your favorite takeaway from this video? Please share your comments below.