Top Marketing Tips For Updated Facebook Pages
Then be sure to watch this edition of Social Media Examiner TV with our host Mari Smith.
In this episode, Mari gives you an in-depth look at Facebook Fan Pages, all the recent changes, what they mean to you and lots of new Facebook marketing tips.
Share your feedback and see the show notes below!
Editor’s note: This video was shot shortly after the big upgrade – so at minute 1:30 where Mari talks about “the big thing people are most up in arms about is that posts are no longer in chronological order” is now no longer accurate. Due to mega pushback from users (as is often the case with Facebook’s changes!), Facebook has since added the ability to have your wall posts as “Top News” (popularity order) and “Most Recent” (chronological order). Also, Admin View has since been replaced with “Hidden Posts” and is basically your spam filter view like it was before. There is no longer an Admin View.
Here’s what you’ll learn from Mari in this video:
The Changes To Your Facebook Page
The last Facebook upgrade included the biggest changes in a long time. Mari reviews what these changes mean to you and what you need to know:
- How to post comments and updates as a Page on other Pages
- What the new Tab navigation means for you
- How to set keywords to create your own spam filters
- How comments show up when they’re flagged as spam
- How to change your settings to get notifications by email
How These New Changes Impact The Best Practices On Facebook
Mari covers what you need to be aware of and how these recent changes will impact the best practices for your business networking on Facebook. Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How to increase engagement when you comment as your Fan Page on other Pages
- What you should do to make sure you come across the right way
- Where you’ll get the best results when networking as your Page
Some Great New Facebook Marketing Tips
The new Facebook upgrade gives businesses some new marketing tools. Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How to create a call to action visible to all your visitors
- How to reorganize the links in the new navigation
- What you should put at the bottom of your navigation list and why
- How the new iFrame features can help your business
- How to use Facebook Ads to drive readers to specific tabs
- How you can create a free ad for your Fan Page
Listen To Mari’s Hot Marketing Tip
Most of your fans will only see your updates in their News Feeds and not on your Page. So be sure to listen to Mari’s hot marketing tip on how to increase your visibility in your fans’ News Feeds.
Watch the video to learn more about how you can improve your Facebook marketing on the new Fan Pages!
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of Social Media Examiner TV, make sure to tweet about it (use hashtag #SMEtv), share it on Facebook or even embed this episode on your blog.
We want to hear from you! What great Facebook marketing tips do you have to share? Please tell us in the comment box below.