Getting Social Media Right: Insights From the Social Media Club
Chris shares the story of how he took advantage of cheap airplane tickets to hold roundtables in various cities to start the Social Media Club and how it has evolved since then.
You’ll also find out what businesses are doing wrong in social media today and hear how Chris sees human nature impacting the future of social media.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- How the evolution of the web has influenced social media
- Why consumers need to know how to filter information
- Why social media is about being a rockstar
- Whether good content is all you need to be heard
- How the “long tail lengthens and the head strengthens” and what this means for your social media strategy
- Why Facebook is a great tool to bring people together
- How enterprise social media uses either “social” or “leading” tactics
What were your takeaways from this video? How do you see the evolution of social media? Please leave your comments below.
Michael Stelzner is the founder and CEO of Social Media Examiner, and author of the books Launch and Writing White Papers. He's also the host of the Social Media Marketing podcast. Other posts by Michael Stelzner »