We received over 560 nominations for our sixth-annual Top 10 Social Media Blogs contest (the blogosphere’s biggest contest for social media blogs).
The list of 20 finalists is pretty impressive! See for yourself below.
The Judges: Our judges include Douglas Karr (author of Corporate Blogging for Dummies and founder of the Marketing Technology blog), Nichole Kelly (author of How to Measure Social Media and CEO of Social Media Explorer) and Pat Flynn (founder of Smart Passive Income). They’re currently finishing up their reviews of these sites.
Here are the finalists (in alphabetical order):
Social Video Summit (Online Training)
Wish you had an engaged social following that turned into customers? Want to succeed with social video, but something’s stopping you? Get ready to be coached by 12 of the world’s best social video marketing pros for an entire week. Each expert is a dedicated specialist. They live and breathe social video, delivering results for their clients every day. And they’ll share their proven strategies with you. You’ll learn from their mistakes, experiments, and successes. Imagine putting their wisdom to work immediately in your business. This is a live online training event from your friends at Social Media Examiner.
LEARN MORE - SALE ENDS May 7TH!
- Actionable Marketing Guide
- Antonio Calero
- Boom Social
- Buffer Social
- Convince & Convert
- Hot in Social Media
- Jenn’s Trends
- Jon Loomer
- Mike Gingerich
- Peg Fitzpatrick
- Plus Your Business
- Rebekah Radice
- Simply Measured
- Socially Sorted
- Top Dog Social Media
How We’ll Pick the Winners
1. Initial qualification: A blog must have a strong social media focus, must have been nominated multiple times by multiple individuals and must be regularly updated. If someone nominated more than one blog, only the first nomination was counted.
2. Final winner selection:
- Quality of posts: Our judges will examine and score the quality of posts on each blog. Educational and discussion-spurring posts are more valuable than self-promoting posts. This is the most important criterion.
- Frequency of posts: Blogs that feature multiple posts per week will score higher. This is a sign of the blogger’s commitment to blogging.
- Reader involvement: Blogs that have regular comments from readers are another sign of a healthy blog. In addition, the numbers of nominations for a specific blog play a part in this.
- Blog ranking: The number of other blogs that link to the nominated blog shows the value of the content. We’ll use accepted third-party blog ranking systems for this portion of the score.
Congratulations to the finalists! We’ll announce the winners here soon!
What do you think about these blogs? Leave your comments below.