Wow! We received over 150 nominations for our Top 10 Social Media Blogs for 2010 contest!
There are some real gems among these 21 finalists. Our judges Scott Monty (Ford), Ann Handley (MarketingProfs) and David Meerman Scott (author New Rules of Marketing and PR) are finishing up their reviews of these sites.
Here are the finalists:
Put Google Analytics to Work for Your Business (Online Training)
Ever thought, "there's got to be a better way" when it comes to tracking your marketing activities? Are you forced to make decisions based on limited data? With the right training, you can use Google Analytics to measure all of your marketing efforts with certainty.
You’ll stop the leaks in your ad spending, justify your marketing spend, gain the confidence you need to make better marketing decisions, and know what’s working at every step of the customer journey. Let the world's leading analytics pro show you the way. Check out our new Google Analytics for Marketers course from your friends at Social Media Examiner.CLICK TO LEARN MORE: ANALYTICS TRAINING
- Blog of Shani Sammons
- Buzz Marketing Daily
- Chris Brogan
- Diva Marketing Blog
- Gray Matter Minute
- Convince & Convert
- Future Buzz
- Jason Keath
- Jeff Bullas Blog
- Mack Collier
- Methodical Madness
- Outspoken Media
- Shannon Paul’s Very Official Blog
- Social Media Explorer
How We’ll Pick the Winners
1. Initial qualification: A blog must have been nominated multiple times by multiple individuals (and be a social media blog). If someone nominated more than one blog, only the first nomination was counted.
2. Final winner selection:
- Quality of posts: A qualitative analysis of the content of posts will be examined by our judges. Educational and discussion-spurring posts are more valuable than self-promoting posts (55% of decision).
- Frequency of posts: Blogs that write multiple posts per week will score higher. This is a sign of the blog’s commitment to blogging (15%).
- Reader involvement: Blogs that have regular comments from readers are another sign of a healthy blog. In addition, the numbers of nominations for a specific blog play a part in this (15%).
- Blog Ranking: The number of other blogs that link to the blog shows the value of the content (15%). We’ll use accepted third-party blog ranking systems for this portion of the score.
Congratulations to the finalists! We will announce the winners here soon!
What do you think about these blogs? Leave your comment below…
Get Everything You Need to Become A Better Marketer
Looking for a one-stop-shop for marketing greatness? Try the Social Media Marketing Society to boost results and become a better marketer through deep-dive training and an always-on community of marketers. The path to better marketing begins in the Society.
START YOUR TRIAL TODAY