How Clorox Engages Customers With Its Social Media Community
In this video I interview Greg Piche, Social Media Architect for Clorox. Greg shares insights into how the company’s new social media site Clorox Connects helps Clorox connect with partners and consumers to generate new ideas.
You’ll also hear how the 100-plus year old Clorox rolled out its social media community.
Be sure to read the other takeaways below.
In this video you’ll find out how Clorox:
- Drives social media engagement with a point system
- Offers a reward system through visibility on their social media site
- Uses social media to come up with ideas for new products
- Uses their Facebook business page
- Identifies people to partner with
Clorox has not been active in social media for very long and faced a certain number of challenges to get their social media strategy in place. Greg’s advice is to start small, start low key, pilot the program, get a little funding, show there’s some value and then roll it out enterprise wide.
And his biggest lesson is: it’s important to recognize the mind share battle to try to get people to come in.
How does the story of Clorox Connects inspire you for your business? Please leave your comments below.