Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore Facebook Ads Manager updates, new ad bidding strategies, and inventory filters with special guests Charlie Lawrance and Amanda Robinson.
Tune In to the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch this week’s show:
Join us live, next week! Click here to RSVP.
About Our Special Guests
- Learn more about Amanda Robinson on The Digital Gal. You can find her latest post on today’s topic Facebook Ads Manager Updates 2019 – New Features For Marketers To Get Excited About.
- Find out more from Charlie Lawrance at Gecko Squared. Check out his latest Social Media Examiner article, How to Create Facebook Reach Ads.
For this week’s top stories, you’ll find timestamps below that allow you to fast-forward in the replay above.
Facebook Announces Upcoming Improvements to Ads Manager and Business Manager: Facebook is beginning to roll out major changes its core business tools, Ads Manager and Business Manager, and will continue to add more updates throughout the rest of the year. (3:25)
Facebook Rolls Out New Cost Cap Bidding for Ads: In addition to introducing a new Ads Manager interface with simplified navigation features, cleaner design, and new campaign management experience, Facebook also introduced a new Cost Cap bidding strategy for advertisers. A third bidding option along with Bid Cap and Target Cost strategies, Cost Cap focuses on conversion volume and cost predictability, which maximizes both cost efficiency and results. (16:08)
Facebook Implements New Rules and Processes to Prevent Spread of Problematic Content: Facebook shared an update on how it’s working to clean up the news feed, looking to promote more trustworthy news sources, and halting the spread of “problematic” content across the platform. It’s also rolling out improvements to Messenger and Instagram to limit harmful and questionable content from being amplified in these networks as well. (24:00)
Facebook Institutes Brand Safety Controls and Adds Inventory Filter: Facebook introduced more brand safety controls for advertisers, including a new inventory filter that makes it easier for advertisers to control their brand profiles across different forms of media. This filter applies to ads delivered within Instant Articles, Audience Network, and Facebook in-stream video. (36:17)
Other News Mentioned
- Dark Mode Now a Messenger Setting, Available Globally
- Facebook Tests Combined Stories and News Feed Post Carousel
- Facebook Introduces Three New 3D Photo Options
- Facebook Developing Voice Assistant to Rival Siri and Alexa