Want to Write for Social Media Examiner?
Welcome! We appreciate your interest in writing for Social Media Examiner. We are always on the lookout for new contributors, but are selective in our choice of writers.
Please review the following points. If, after doing so, you feel your work is a good fit for us please complete the form below, and we’ll respond in 7 to 10 days.
What We Publish
Social Media Examiner is tightly focused on social media and creator content. We publish original articles to reveal how small and medium-size businesses and busy marketers can use social media and related 3rd party tools.
Our articles cover platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Periscope, and Snapchat; tools such as dashboard solutions, and those that track analytics or create images, etc.; and blogs. We favor tactical articles, and shy away from articles that are overly strategic or editorial in nature.
We’re currently looking for two types of long-form articles: Social Media Marketing articles and Creator articles:
- Social Media Marketing Article Focus: Your article should go beyond commonly accepted social media practices or advice. Show our readers how to execute on intermediate/advanced social media marketing tactics and processes, or how to use the new/emerging social media marketing platform features and 3rd party tools you’ve found most helpful or effective in your own work.
- Creator Article Focus: Your article should show creators how to produce, edit and monetize live and recorded video content, audio content and blog content using the tools and processes you’ve found most helpful or effective in your own work.
What We Don’t Publish
We don’t publish infographics or syndicated content.
While we encourage our contributors to share the tools, tips, and tactics they’ve found most useful in their own hands-on work, we are not a channel for advertorial content marketing.
In order to avoid any conflict of interest, our contributors may not mention any tool, product, or service they are in any way affiliated with. Put simply, this means if you currently work for, represent, or are otherwise incentivized for mentioning a product, tool, or service, you may not include it in your article. That said, your article may include a single link back to content on your site, with the understanding that the link must be relevant to the subject at hand, and does not point to your main URL, a product landing page, or to content that is behind a lead generator.
Who We’re Looking For
We accept only individual writers (not company content teams). We prefer content from practicing social media marketers and creators who have in-depth knowledge rather than a general base of online marketing knowledge.
You must have a track record of writing detailed, tactical articles.
Your writing should demonstrate that you’re able to offer unique, tactical insights based upon your hands-on experience; posts that offer tutorials on tools, step-by-step how-tos for using platform features, walkthroughs for executing tactics, etc.
Here are four examples:
- How to Repurpose Your Snapchat Stories
- How to Analyze Your YouTube Marketing With Google Analytics
- 4 Mobile Image Apps That Create Amazing Visuals
- How to Automatically Reshare Your Social Media Updates Using Free Tools
How to Apply to Write for Social Media Examiner
If you feel you’re a fit for Social Media Examiner, please complete the form below. We’ll use the information you provide to help us evaluate your writing style, content, and experience; we’ll respond in 7 to 10 days.