In this video I interview Steve Rubel, Senior Vice President at Edelman Digital. Steve advises some of the biggest names in the world, such as Dannon, Hewlett Packard, Pepsi and Microsoft, on social media.
Watch this video to pick up some of the nuggets of social media advice he gives his clients. One valuable tip Steve gives is about “shared mutual gain” and what it means. Steve also explains why he quit blogging.
You will also learn why Steve believes digital is mandatory and not optional. And here are a few other takeaways:
- Why you need to have a presence on all social networks where your customers are spending time.
- How to use mixed messages to tailor your stories to different venues.
- How to measure social media metrics.
- Why the different vectors of reach, engagement and reputation lead to trust.
- Why it’s important to understand people & understand business.
What are your takeaways? Do you agree that blogging is old? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.