Welcome to this week's edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week's Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore LinkedIn live streaming for Virtual Events and LinkedIn Polls with special guest, Michaela Alexis. We also discuss new comment management and small business tools for Instagram with Tyler J. McCall.
Tune Into the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Listen to the replay of this week's show below. You can also hear the show as an audio podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcast, Android, Google Play, Stitcher, and RSS.
Watch the replay of this week's show below.
About Our Special Guests
- Michaela Alexis is a LinkedIn expert and LinkedIn creator who helps businesses master their LinkedIn presence. She's a LinkedIn Trainer, professional speaker, and co-author of Think Video: Smart Video Marketing and Influencing.
- Tyler J. McCall is an Instagram marketing expert focused on helping online businesses grow their brands using Instagram. He's the founder of the Follower to Fan Society and the Online Business Association and also hosts The Online Business Show.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 1:56 LinkedIn Introduces LinkedIn Virtual Events
- 20:29 LinkedIn Debuts New Polls Feature
- 26:09 Instagram Rolls Out New Comment Management Tools
- 35:05 Instagram Rolls Out “Support Small Business” Sticker for Stories and More Business Resources
LinkedIn Introduces LinkedIn Virtual Events: LinkedIn brings users a “tighter integration” between LinkedIn Events and LinkedIn Live by combining these two products into a new virtual events solution that enables members to create and broadcast live video events within its platform.
LinkedIn Debuts New Polls Feature: The new LinkedIn Polls feature provides members with “a quick, easy, and fully-virtual way to solicit feedback from your network.” LinkedIn announced that Polls will be gradually rolling out globally on mobile and desktop over the next few weeks.
Instagram Rolls Out New Comment Management Tools: This past week, Instagram announced a series of updates aimed at helping businesses control how users can interact with their account. Users can now quickly filter negative comments in bulk, as well as highlight positive ones. The platform is also adding new controls to manage who can tag or mention your account on Instagram.
Looking for something to make your life easier?
Discover the tools we recommend to drive engagement, save you time, and boost sales across your entire marketing funnel or business.
Whether you need help planning content, organizing social posts, or developing your strategy, you’ll find something for every situation.FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE TOOL
Instagram Rolls Out “Support Small Business” Sticker for Stories and More Business Resources: Instagram introduced a new “Support Small Business” sticker that allows users to tag a business page in their Instagram stories. As with previous Instagram stickers highlighted during the COVID-19 crisis, the app will feature some of these posts in a dedicated story at the top of users' feeds to mark the rollout.
🌟 Ready to Supercharge Your Social Marketing Strategy? 🌟
Struggling with your social marketing? You’re not alone. The solution? The Social Media Marketing Workshops!
During these live 2 hour deep-dive workshops, you'll discover what's working now on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Skyrocket your engagement, broaden your reach, and amplify your sales.
Become the marketing hero your company and clients need—without leaving your home!
🔥 Save $670 on an All-Access Ticket! Sale Ends Tuesday! 🔥GET YOUR TICKETS NOW
View this post on Instagram
Facebook will also add new in-app resources to Facebook and Instagram that help business owners stay informed on the latest details for small business loans, Facebook grants and tools, and more. These new Business Resources can be found in a special section within business profiles.
Other News Mentioned
- Facebook Rolls Out New Resources for Small Local Businesses, including a dedicated inbox for the Messenger app, promotion around a new #SupportSmallBusiness hashtag, and more
- Messenger Rooms Rolls Out to Personal Profiles and Groups
- Facebook Publishes New Research Into Evolving Video Consumption Habits
Want to catch our next show live? Click here to subscribe or add our show to your calendar.
Get Your FREE Course: Web3 for Beginners
Curious about Web3, but don't know where to start or who to trust?
Introducing Web3 for Beginners, a course taught by Michael Stelzner, the founder of Social Media Examiner.
Learn the basics of Web3 and apply it to your business with this FREE comprehensive course.
CLICK HERE TO GET FREE ACCESS