Interested in using more live video for your business?
Wondering how Instagram Live can generate leads?
Using Instagram Live stories as a lead generation tool will help you stay one step ahead of your competitors.
In this article, you'll discover three ways to use Instagram Live video to generate leads for your business.
Why Use Instagram Live Video for Lead Generation?
When you broadcast live video on Instagram, it appears in your Instagram story and viewers can watch and interact with you in real time. The catch? While other platforms allow you to share a live video afterward, an Instagram live video appears only while it's being broadcast.
Because people need to watch your live video now if they want to see it, Instagram live video has a sense of urgency. Live videos can get special attention because of this. Your followers will receive a notification that you've started a live video, and they can see you're live in the Stories section.
Instagram also features live videos from public profiles in the Explore section, which can boost your visibility beyond your followers without you having to pay for it.
Here are some ways to use Instagram Live video to generate viable leads for your business.
#1: Capture Warm Leads by Teasing New Products
Because Instagram Live video isn't permanent, you don't go live to give information you want users to refer to later. (Facebook Live, which can be saved, is a better platform for that purpose.) Teasing new products, information, or big announcements, however, is another story.
For example, an artist under the profile whenwewake used Instagram live video to give a sneak peek at his new paintings.
The urgency of Instagram Live video makes these teasers more exciting and engaging, because users don't know when the video will end, and they know they have to watch now for all of the information. The sneak peek also makes viewers want to know more.
After the teaser, ask viewers to sign up for more information on your website or pre-order the product. This approach gives your live video an element of exclusivity, which can encourage people to act immediately, increasing the number of leads you get.
#2: Expand Lead Collection by Promoting a Social Contest
Social contests are a fantastic lead generation tool, especially when you use contest software to help capture lead information. When you have a contest, use Instagram live video to promote your contest and drive engagement.
3 Days of World-Class Training—Zero Travel!
Travel to Social Media Marketing World off the table? Get all of the great content at a fraction of the price with an On-Demand ticket.
That’s full access to recordings of every keynote, workshop, and session—the ones people travel thousands of miles to see. Don't wait. Get your On-Demand ticket and enjoy actionable content that you can watch anytime, anywhere.
Contests, like the one below from cutest_kiddies, are often promoted in Instagram stories. But Instagram live video can increase results thanks to its natural sense of urgency and extra visibility.
With Instagram live video, you can promote social contests in a number of ways:
Looking for something to make your life easier?
Discover the tools we recommend to drive engagement, save you time, and boost sales across your entire marketing funnel or business.
Whether you need help planning content, organizing social posts, or developing your strategy, you’ll find something for every situation.FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE TOOL
- Preview prizes before and during the contest to generate excitement and boost entries.
- Showcase entries after the contest is over. To share entries, you might read comments out loud or take a video of the photo entries on another screen.
- Simply talk about the contest and remind people it's happening.
If you want to go all out, make Instagram live video part of the actual contest. For example, to be eligible for a daily prize, have users answer questions you ask in a live broadcast. Or use Instagram live video to share clues for a scavenger hunt.
You can keep the broadcast times spontaneous and sporadic so users have to watch their phones for a notification that you're live. You could even offer to give additional clues or details of when the video will be broadcast if people subscribe to your email list ahead of time.
#3: Collect Email Leads by Gathering Questions for a Live Q&A
Q&As are a popular subject for live videos; they offer value and can drive customer participation. When you promote a Q&A before the broadcast (especially if an influencer or expert is involved), request that users submit questions ahead of time.
While most businesses ask for questions on Facebook as a source of engagement, you can use email instead to generate leads. If you send users to your site (or even a Google form), you can ask for their emails in exchange.
If you promote your Q&A widely enough ahead of time, you can generate a large number of relevant leads who are genuinely interested in your business.
Also consider offering to email people before the video goes live as an incentive for submitting a question, increasing the likelihood they'll watch. If newer leads are still a little unfamiliar with your business, this email can make a big impact in pushing them towards converting.
Live Video Best Practices
To get the most leads from your Instagram live video, there are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- Announce the live video beforehand. Instagram live is there and then it's gone. Although plenty of users do opt into push notifications that let them know you're broadcasting, you should still announce the live video on Instagram.
- Use relevant hashtags to boost visibility and make it easier for a relevant audience to find you. Also announce it on other platforms to increase viewership.
- Test sound and video quality before you go live. Record a brief (regular) video through the Instagram camera, watch it, and then delete it. Check for background noises. Also, make sure the background itself is clean, with no clutter or anything you don't want viewers to see.
- Keep the content exciting and upbeat to match the platform. Choosing content that's upbeat and fun to watch keeps people tuned in. This is essential because you can't share the video later. If you have valuable content, make sure someone else is recording from another device so you can reuse the content.
- Go live at peak activity times. This is extremely important. Since your Instagram live content only exists as long as it's actually being broadcast, be sure the largest number of people will see it. Afternoons and early evenings are often times when plenty of users are online.
Want more like this? Explore Instagram for Business!
Instagram Live video is still a new feature. Right now, everyone is focusing on how to use it and looking at it purely as a tool to drive engagement.
What do you think? Have you tried Instagram Live video? What's your experience with contests or Q&As? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Get Your FREE Course: Web3 for Beginners
Curious about Web3, but don't know where to start or who to trust?
Introducing Web3 for Beginners, a course taught by Michael Stelzner, the founder of Social Media Examiner.
Learn the basics of Web3 and apply it to your business with this FREE comprehensive course.
CLICK HERE TO GET FREE ACCESS