In this video I interview Ramon De Leon, the managing partner of six Domino’s Pizza franchises in Chicago. As you can imagine, this is a very competitive market. But Ramon uses some unique social media marketing tactics that make the difference.
Ramon shares these marketing tips and shows businesses how to use social media to attract local customers and turn them into raving fans.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video about social media marketing to local customers:
Launch Social Projects Faster and Easier
Looking for a content creator, campaign manager, or strategist for your social channels or a special project?
Find the right expert for even the most complicated project or campaign in just a few clicks with our new FindHelp marketplace. You'll have more time to focus on other areas of your business without sacrificing your social presence. Browse highly qualified Facebook and Instagram experts today.
- How to use print marketing pieces to generate conversations and get more customers.
- Why you should consider promoting your customers.
- How to encourage people to come to your local business.
- How to use photos to create an experience online.
- How to use Twitter for real-time monitoring and what to look for.
- The biggest thing businesses forget to do on Foursquare and why it makes the difference.
- How to create stories for customers to talk about when they get back to their offices.
- How to put out a social media fire.
- How to get customers to brag about your products.
Connect with Ramon on Twitter @ramon_deleon and look him up the next time you’re in Chicago.
How do you turn customers into raving fans? What tips do you have to share for local businesses? Please share them in the comment section below.
Curious about NFTs, DAOs, and Web3?
Follow the Crypto Business podcast to find out how NFTs, social tokens, DAOs (and so much more) will affect your business in the near future.
Every Friday, host Michael Stelzner interviews leading industry experts about what works right now in Web3 and what to expect in the future, so you can prepare your business for the shift, even if you're a total newbie.