Chris shares the best way to approach Twitter and how to avoid the biggest mistakes people make. He also highlights the importance of attraction, retention and conversion for your business blog. Be sure to read the other takeaways listed below.
Here are other things to pick up in this video:
- Do not go into all guns blazing
- Listen, get to know people there
- Research to find out if people are interested in what you want to talk about
- Tweet as you'd like to be tweeted to
- Engage people and have conversations
- Don't simply shout out broadcasts
Attention Agency Owners, Brand Marketers, and Consultants
Introducing the Marketing Agency Show–our newest podcast designed to explore the struggles of agency marketers.
Join show host and agency owner, Brooke Sellas, as she interviews agency marketers and digs deep into their biggest challenges. Explore topics like navigating rough economic times, leveraging AI, service diversification, client acquisition, and much more.
Just pull up your favorite podcast app, search for Marketing Agency Show and start listening. Or click the button below for more information.
- Reply to what people
- Being interested is more interesting
- Listen and show you are aware of what others say
- Ask questions so people can do the same back
- Use contests on your blog to engage people
On the biggest mistakes people make blogging:
- Lack of focus and covering too many different topics
- Plan what you want to say, identify your audience and what your audiences wants to know
- Look after the people you've already got
- The more “me” you say, the more people say “go away”
- Write for your audience and not yourself or what you are interested in
- Great content is key
- Networking wherever you go
- Mention your blog when you can and include a call to action with a benefit to your audience
Content is King, but a king without an army is a man in a funny hat:
- Content is crucial but not everything
- You also need promotion
- Mobilize your fans to become your advocates
3 Days of World-Class Training—Zero Travel!
Travel to Social Media Marketing World off the table? Get all of the great content at a fraction of the price with an On-Demand ticket.
That’s full access to recordings of every keynote, workshop, and session—the ones people travel thousands of miles to see. Don't wait. Get your On-Demand ticket and enjoy actionable content that you can watch anytime, anywhere.