In this video I interview Christi McNeil, emerging media specialist and spokesperson for Southwest Airlines. She handles the online media relations and is the voice behind the Southwest Airlines Twitter account.
Christi talks about how to use social media to connect with customers by sharing behind-the-scenes stories, covering breaking news and seizing opportunities to connect with customers on a deeper level.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
Get Expert Social Media Marketing Training from the Pros
Want to get ahead of the competition and learn how to diversify your social marketing strategy?
Learn from the industry's most trusted experts, rub elbows with other smart marketers, and take your marketing to the next level during this 3-day event in sunny San Diego, California.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- How the Nuts About Southwest blog was created as a platform to share behind-the-scenes stories
- Why their blog is manned with one main blog editor and a team of 30 bloggers throughout the organization
- What type of content the bloggers share to engage customers
- How social media has helped Southwest Airlines differentiate itself from the competition
- How to use Twitter to build one-on-one interaction with your audience
- How to use Facebook to build community conversation with live streaming content and by featuring fare offers and promotions
Christi’s biggest tip: Allow your employees to have a voice and establish this early on in the social space.
How does your company connect with customers on social media? What tips do you have to share about creating community conversations online? Please share them below.
Curious about NFTs, DAOs, and Web3?
Follow the Crypto Business podcast to find out how NFTs, social tokens, DAOs (and so much more) will affect your business in the near future.
Every Friday, host Michael Stelzner interviews leading industry experts about what works right now in Web3 and what to expect in the future, so you can prepare your business for the shift, even if you're a total newbie.