In this video I interview Christi McNeil, emerging media specialist and spokesperson for Southwest Airlines. She handles the online media relations and is the voice behind the Southwest Airlines Twitter account.
Christi talks about how to use social media to connect with customers by sharing behind-the-scenes stories, covering breaking news and seizing opportunities to connect with customers on a deeper level.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
Experience Social Media Marketing World Without the Travel
Imagine learning from the world's top social marketing pros without ever leaving your home or office.
Attend Social Media Marketing World virtually with an On-Demand Ticket. Watch all the sessions, keynotes, and workshops when and where you want! You’ll walk away with real business-building ideas without having to deal with the stress or expense of travel.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- How the Nuts About Southwest blog was created as a platform to share behind-the-scenes stories
- Why their blog is manned with one main blog editor and a team of 30 bloggers throughout the organization
- What type of content the bloggers share to engage customers
- How social media has helped Southwest Airlines differentiate itself from the competition
- How to use Twitter to build one-on-one interaction with your audience
- How to use Facebook to build community conversation with live streaming content and by featuring fare offers and promotions
Christi’s biggest tip: Allow your employees to have a voice and establish this early on in the social space.
How does your company connect with customers on social media? What tips do you have to share about creating community conversations online? Please share them below.
Experience The World's Largest Social Media Conference
Quality marketing training, actionable takeaways, and beneficial connections—that's just a fraction of what you can expect at Social Media Marketing World! Join thousands of smart marketers in sunny San Diego this spring and level up your marketing.
🔥 Sale ends Tuesday! 🔥