How Southwest Airlines Is Connecting With Customers Via Social Media
In this video I interview Christi McNeil, emerging media specialist and spokesperson for Southwest Airlines. She handles the online media relations and is the voice behind the Southwest Airlines Twitter account.
Christi talks about how to use social media to connect with customers by sharing behind-the-scenes stories, covering breaking news and seizing opportunities to connect with customers on a deeper level.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- How the Nuts About Southwest blog was created as a platform to share behind-the-scenes stories
- Why their blog is manned with one main blog editor and a team of 30 bloggers throughout the organization
- What type of content the bloggers share to engage customers
- How social media has helped Southwest Airlines differentiate itself from the competition
- How to use Twitter to build one-on-one interaction with your audience
- How to use Facebook to build community conversation with live streaming content and by featuring fare offers and promotions
Christi’s biggest tip: Allow your employees to have a voice and establish this early on in the social space.
How does your company connect with customers on social media? What tips do you have to share about creating community conversations online? Please share them below.