We received over 300 nominations for our seventh-annual Top 10 Social Media Blogs contest (the blogosphere’s biggest contest for social media blogs)!
As in the past, the list of 20 finalists has some returning reader favorites and some new titles for our judges to consider.
Our judges include Ann Handley (chief content officer for MarketingProfs, author of the book Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content and co-author of the best-selling Content Rules), Darren Rowse (founder of ProBlogger.net and author of ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income) and Neal Schaffer (founder of Maximize Social Business and author of three books including Maximize Your Social).
Read on to find out if your favorite social media blog is a finalist.
Attention Agency Owners, Brand Marketers, and Consultants
Introducing the Marketing Agency Show–our newest podcast designed to explore the struggles of agency marketers.
Join show host and agency owner, Brooke Sellas, as she interviews agency marketers and digs deep into their biggest challenges. Explore topics like navigating rough economic times, leveraging AI, service diversification, client acquisition, and much more.
Just pull up your favorite podcast app, search for Marketing Agency Show and start listening. Or click the button below for more information.
- Authentic Storytelling
- Buffer Social
- Ignite Visibility
- Jenn's Trends
- Katie Lance
- Likeable Local
- Likeable Media
- Lucy Hall
- More In Media
- Peg Fitzpatrick
- Rebekah Radice
- Simply Measured
- Socially Sorted
- Sprout Social
- The Social Media Hat
How We’ll Pick the Winners
1. Initial qualification: A blog must have a strong social media focus, must have been nominated multiple times by multiple individuals and must be regularly updated. If someone nominated more than one blog, only the first nomination was counted.
2. Final winner selection:
- Quality of posts: Our judges will examine and score the quality of posts on each blog. Educational and discussion-spurring posts are more valuable than self-promoting posts. This is the most important criterion.
- Frequency of posts: Blogs that feature multiple posts per week will score higher. This is a sign of the blogger’s commitment to blogging.
- Reader involvement: Blogs that have regular comments from readers are another sign of a healthy blog. In addition, the numbers of nominations for a specific blog play a part in this.
- Blog ranking: The number of other blogs that link to the nominated blog shows the value of the content. We’ll use accepted third-party blog ranking systems for this portion of the score.
Congratulations to the finalists! We’ll announce the winners here soon!
What do you think about these blogs? Leave your comments below.
3 Days of World-Class Training—Zero Travel!
Travel to Social Media Marketing World off the table? Get all of the great content at a fraction of the price with an On-Demand ticket.
That’s full access to recordings of every keynote, workshop, and session—the ones people travel thousands of miles to see. Don't wait. Get your On-Demand ticket and enjoy actionable content that you can watch anytime, anywhere.