Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore Facebook’s new tool for testing ad campaigns and the latest updates to video and live-streaming features with special guests, Allie Bloyd and Ian Anderson Gray.
Tune Into the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch the replay of this week’s show below.
About Our Special Guests
- Allie Bloyd is a Facebook ads expert who specializes in helping local businesses. She’s the founder of Allie Bloyd Media, a local business agency that focuses on content marketing, social media marketing, and lead generation.
- Ian Anderson Gray is a confident live video marketing coach and founder of the Confident Live Marketing Academy. He blogs and live-streams at Seriously Social and is the host of The Confident Live Marketing Podcast.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 2:40 Facebook Launches New Approach to Ad Testing Called “Experiments”
- 22:04 Facebook Enables Automatic Business Page Tagging Feature for Stories
- 23:47 Facebook Adds New Features for Video and Live Streaming
Facebook Launches New Approach to Ad Testing Called “Experiments”: Facebook rolled out a new Experiments section in Ads Manager that combines the results of multiple types of ad campaign tests and allows marketers to A/B test campaigns and measure conversion and brand lift in one place.
— Social Pro Daily (@SocialProDaily) March 30, 2020
Lead the Social Charge Instead of Playing Catch Up
Sick of wondering “What now?” everytime a social platform changes or the market shifts?
Get a look at where the social media marketing industry is headed—before it happens—with insightful trends analysis delivered weekly.
Let the Social Strategy Club be your secret competitive advantage.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
Facebook notes that the Experiments tool is intended to “help marketers optimize ad performance and give them a deeper understanding of the true impact of their ads, allowing them to make better business decisions.” Advertisers can find out more about this new product in Facebook’s Ads Help Center.
Facebook Enables Automatic Business Page Tagging Feature for Facebook and Instagram Stories: It appears that Facebook rolled out a new automatic tagging feature that allows users and other pages to tag a brand page in their stories. Page admins will also have the option to allow any tagged Facebook stories shared to Instagram to automatically link to the brand’s Facebook page.
Get Expert Social Media Marketing Training from the Pros
Want to get ahead of the competition or learn how to diversify your strategy?
Learn from dozens of the industry's most trusted experts, rub elbows with other smart marketers, and take your marketing to the next level during this 3-day event in sunny San Diego, CA.CLICK TO LEARN MORE
The update, which can be found in your page settings, was discovered by Lisa D. Jenkins from the Social Media Examiner staff.
Facebook Adds New Features for Video and Live Streaming: To keep up with the increased demand for video content, Facebook rolled out a series of new video features designed to help creators build audiences, increase discovery, and encourage return viewership. These new features include a streamlined process for uploading and managing video content in bulk, updates to playlists, a fresh way to publish episodic content on pages, and more. These updates are available to all pages globally.
Facebook is also developing new features to meet the increased demand for live content. These new live-streaming updates include the launch of Live Producer, more accessibility, expended creator tools for video clipping and comment moderation, and more.
— Engadget (@engadget) March 27, 2020
Facebook is adding new options that will make it easier for people to access live streams on mobile, including non-Facebook users and those with unreliable connections, so creators can reach more viewers and increase discoverability.
We built Facebook Live to bring people together through video in real time and we’re seeing that people need these…
Other News Mentioned
- Instagram Considers Option to Add More Than One Guest to Instagram Live Stream
- Facebook published a new set of guides to help businesses dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic including individual guides for retail advertisers, eCommerce advertisers, and all other businesses. Facebook also created resources for faith communities.
Experience The World's Largest Social Media Conference
Quality marketing training, actionable takeaways, and beneficial connections—that's just a fraction of what you can expect at Social Media Marketing World! Join thousands of smart marketers in sunny San Diego this spring and level up your marketing.
🔥 Sale ends Wednesday! 🔥