In this video I interview Chris Brogan, author of the book Trust Agents (you can also check out his blog: chrisbrogan.com). Chris shares his advice to businesses starting with social media. The first 2 steps are listening and establishing a presence.
The pace is fast and this video is full of useful information. Be sure to read the list of takeaways below.
Here are some key takeaways from this video?
Attention Agency Owners, Brand Marketers, and Consultants
Introducing the Marketing Agency Show–our newest podcast designed to explore the struggles of agency marketers.
Join show host and agency owner, Brooke Sellas, as she interviews agency marketers and digs deep into their biggest challenges. Explore topics like navigating rough economic times, leveraging AI, service diversification, client acquisition, and much more.
Just pull up your favorite podcast app, search for Marketing Agency Show and start listening. Or click the button below for more information.
- Listening is so important. The unstructured data you get from listening gives you more than surveys. Be sure to check out his tutorial: Grow Bigger Ears.
- Establish your presence: Create passports to establish a presence. Go where the people’s voice is rather than drive traffic to your site.
- Monitor sales marketing and content marketing that drives leads instead of monitoring ROI.
- Integrate social media into your customer support, sales and marketing.
- Chris’ Twitter strategy: 12 to 1 ratio: promote 12 times more stuff from other people, and it pays to mix business with pleasure on Twitter
- Chris is working one new books called Social Media 101 and and How Human Business Works and why this is important in today’s business world
What about you? What do you think about this video interview? How does listening on social media help your business? Please share your comments below.
3 Days of World-Class Training—Zero Travel!
Travel to Social Media Marketing World off the table? Get all of the great content at a fraction of the price with an On-Demand ticket.
That’s full access to recordings of every keynote, workshop, and session—the ones people travel thousands of miles to see. Don't wait. Get your On-Demand ticket and enjoy actionable content that you can watch anytime, anywhere.