You could win a FREE trip to Social Media Marketing World 2020!
Tell us your Great Story for a chance to win!
Do you have a great success story about a marketing win, crazy business growth, or a life transformation that happened as a result of attending Social Media Marketing World? If so, we want to hear it!
Tell us the story of how Social Media Marketing World has impacted your business or life in a video OR written post and share it on social media using the hashtag: #MySMMWStory
How to Tell your Great Story:
Before sharing your story, think about the journey you took that led to your success:
- Tell us what you were struggling with before you attended Social Media Marketing World.
- What made you decide to attend the conference? What answer were you seeking?
- What did you learn and experience during the conference?
- How have you or your business changed after attending the conference?
How to enter:
Entering the contest is easy!
- Record a video (no longer than 2 minutes) OR write a post sharing your story
- Upload it to your social media profile (on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube. Do not use Stories).
- Add a caption using the hashtag #MySMMWStory
- Post it! (by Tuesday, November 26, 2019, at 11:59 pm PST.)
How to win:
The team at Social Media Examiner will review the entries and collectively choose a winner.
- Grand Prize: A FREE trip to Social Media Marketing World including the Conference ticket, flight*, and hotel** (value: $3,214)
- 2nd Prize: An All-Access ticket to Social Media Marketing World (value: $1697)
*Flight stipend not to exceed $650 **Hotel accommodations for 3 nights
- Videos cannot be longer than 2 minutes
- Written post should average 250-500 words
- To be considered, videos and written posts must be submitted by the deadline (no late entries)
- All entries must include the contest hashtag #MySMMWStory
- No personal branding can be shown in the videos
- No business can be tagged in written posts
- Videos cannot be used as a pitch for your business
- Written posts cannot be used as a pitch for your business
- No profanity/obscene language or apparel
Scroll down to read the full official rules for this contest.
What if I’ve already bought my ticket to SMMW? If you’ve already purchased your ticket for SMMW and you become one of our winners, you can either gift your ticket to a friend or request a refund.
What if I’ve already bought my flight? If you’ve already purchased your flight, we will refund you for your flight (up to $650, but not to exceed the cost of the flight already purchased)
Do I get to choose the hotel I stay in if I win? No. Since SMMW has official conference hotels, you will receive accommodations in one of those venues.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
Who can enter
- The Great Story Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Social Media Examiner and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes spouses, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren.
How to enter
- All entries must be submitted via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube (third parties).
- All entries must be submitted through the entrant’s personal social media account.
- Only one entry per account is allowed.
- All entries must include the hashtag #MySMMWStory
By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the video submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.). No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive videos (as determined by Social Media Examiner in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. Social Media Examiner reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
- The contest begins on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 8:00 am PST and will run until Tuesday, November 26, 2019, at 11:59 pm PST.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
- Social Media Examiner is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailabilities, computer or electronic malfunction, or removal of content by third parties (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
- By entering this content you understand that Social Media Examiner will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use your entry worldwide, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Two (2) winners will be selected; a first (1st) place winner and a second (2nd) place winner.
- The first (1st) place winner will receive: One (1) all-access ticket to Social Media Marketing World, a flight stipend (not to exceed $650), and hotel accommodations (for 3 nights).
- The second (2nd) place winner will receive: One (1) all-access ticket to Social Media Marketing World
- Each winner will be notified via private message on the platform they used to submit their entry. Before the prize can be claimed, winners must
- Provide their full contact information including Name, Address, Email address, and Phone number
- Sign and return an affidavit of eligibility
- Each winner must provide the information above within seven (7) days of being notified of winning.
- If the information requested cannot be provided, or the winners cannot be reached within seven (7) days, an alternate winner will be chosen.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Social Media Examiner. Social Media Examiner has the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household.
- Social Media Examiner is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Social Media Examiner has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning
- The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Social Media Examiner and all third parties accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Social Media Examiner reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
- By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Social Media Examiner, all third parties, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
- Third parties used in this contest are not affiliated with Social Media Examiner nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with any third party.