10 Ways to Maximize your Social Media Marketing World Experience (a Checklist)
Click here to download a PDF copy of the checklist
Go here to watch a replay of the webinar “A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Marketing World”
Plan your travel
- Arrive early for the informal meetup on February 29 at 8pm at the Hyatt Lobby Bar, The Landing.
- Stay for the informal post-event meetup on March 3 at 8pm at the Hyatt Lobby Bar, The Landing.
- TIP: Schedule debrief time after the conference before returning to the office.
Define your goals
- What do you want to learn?
- Who would you like to meet?
- What new experience will you try?
Download the Event Mobile App
- Download “Whova” in your app store or visit https://whova.com/portal/smmw_202003/
- Create an account using the email you used to register for the event
- Search for “Social Media Marketing World” and click ‘join’ (you’re automatically entered unless you’re using a different email. In which case click “request to join.”)
Plan your schedule
- Prioritize the sessions you want to attend. (TIP: Know your 2nd choice in case a session fills.)
- Allow time for meetings (expect serendipity!)
- Signup to attend a MeetUp or EatUp via Whova app.
Start making connections now
- Join the SMMW Facebook group (#SMMW20 Community)
- Discover new friends through the mobile app.
- Use the event hashtag #SMMW20 on Instagram and Twitter.
Pack your bags
- Bring a good portable charger or two.
- Plan your costume for the Roaring 20s party. Costumes are not required, but this photo album could inspire you.
- Pack a sweater or jacket, San Diego gets chilly at night.
- Bring some good walking shoes.
Maximize your time onsite:
Check-in early on March 1st starting at 9am in lobby D at the San Diego Convention Center (SDCC)
Attend the Opening Night Networking Party, March 1st from 5 to 7pm in the Networking Plaza at SDCC (All-Access Only)
- Play Networking Bingo to meet fellow attendees and win prizes.
- Preview the sponsor booths.
- First-timers, visit the Connections Corner.
Arrive early for the Opening Keynote, March 2nd at 8am in Ballroom 20 (doors open at 7:30am)
- Introduce yourself to at least one person.
- Don’t miss the opening act, it’s always a show stopper!
Hangout in the Networking Plaza on Monday, 9:15am-6pm, and Tuesday, 9:30am-5:30pm
- Play Scout About to win cool prizes from our sponsors.
- Visit the Society booth and the Connections Corner.
- Join a lunchtime Table Talk to discuss topics of interest.