10 Ways to Maximize your Social Media Marketing World Experience (a Checklist)
“A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Marketing World” (a webinar)
Plan your travel
- Arrive early for the informal meetup on March 13 at 8pm at the Hyatt Lobby Bar, The Landing.
- Stay for the informal post-event meetup on March 16 at 8pm at the Hyatt Lobby Bar, The Landing.
- TIP: Schedule debrief time after the conference before returning to the office.
Define your goals
- What do you want to learn?
- Who would you like to meet?
- What new experience will you try?
Plan your schedule
- Prioritize the sessions you want to attend. (TIP: Know your 2nd choice in case a session fills.)
- Allow time for meetings (expect serendipity!)
- Signup to attend a MeetUp or EatUp in the Facebook group.
Start making connections now
- Join the SMMW Facebook group (#SMMW22 Community)
- Use the event hashtag #SMMW22 on Instagram and Twitter.
Pack your bags
- Bring a good portable charger or two.
- Dress attire: Business casual, but truthfully you’ll see everything from t-shirts and jeans to dresses or suits. Be comfortable.
- Pack a sweater or jacket, San Diego gets chilly at night.
- Bring some good walking shoes.
Maximize your time onsite:
Check-in early on March 14th starting at 9am in lobby D at the San Diego Convention Center (SDCC)
- Grab some food or a snack (available for purchase throughout the SDCC)
- Attend a MeetUp or special education sessions.
- Meet staff, speakers, and other attendees.
Arrive early for the Opening Keynote, March 15 at 8am in Ballroom 20 (doors open at 7:30am)
- Come early to guarantee yourself a good seat.
- Introduce yourself to at least one person.
- Don’t miss the opening act, it’s always a show stopper!
Never eat alone
- Join a lunchtime Table Talk to discuss topics of interest.
- Play Networking Bingo to win cool prizes from our sponsors.
- Plan to eat with other attendees.