Running contests on Pinterest is a great way to expose your brand to a large audience, attract new followers and engage with your existing follower base.
In this article, I’ll showcase nine businesses running successful Pinterest contests.
Why Pinterest Contests?
Here is why you should run a contest on Pinterest:
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest has accumulated 14.9 million users as of July 2012.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times more efficiently than Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are repins, demonstrating the tremendous “virality” at work in the Pinterest community.
- Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic as of January 2012.
- Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who arrive from other social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Using Pinterest contests, your brand can engage with consumers in a personal and cost-effective way.
Are you looking to build a strong Pinterest following?
Did you know that you can integrate your Facebook and Pinterest marketing?
Yes, there’s a way to get Facebook fans to create exposure for you on Pinterest.
Establishing a large audience of followers on Pinterest is one of the most important aspects of a successful Pinterest marketing campaign.
Here’s the skinny: Although during the setup process you can choose to link your Pinterest account to your Facebook personal page, there is currently no way to automatically hook up to your Facebook fan page.
So what’s a business to do?
The truth is most business owners have not figured out a solution. They are failing on Pinterest because they think that they have to build a new following from scratch. Well, that is patently untrue.
Here are five ways to use Facebook to build your Pinterest following.
#1: Get a Pinterest Tab for Your Facebook Fan Page
The easiest thing to do is just go to Woobox and create a Pinterest tab for your Facebook fan page.
One study shows how Pinterest has been bringing in more traffic to websites than LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube put together.
Brands are benefiting with Pinterest in generating traffic and sales.
So if you’d like to attract a lot of traffic to your website using Pinterest, check out these 6 tips.
#1: Use Original Pictures to Drive Traffic
If you visit the Popular Section of Pinterest, you’ll see that most of the popular pictures and images in this section are original and unique. The popular images are “repinned,” “liked” and commented on the most number of times.
If you’re wondering just how effective a great image can be in driving traffic to your website, read on…
The power of Pinterest comes IF the image on the page or post is a real attention-grabber; in other words, “pinnable.”
So how do you create images that tell a story and intrigue the viewer, all in the split second they take to glance at it?