Welcome to our weekly edition of what’s hot in social media news.
To help you stay up to date with social media, here are some of the news items that caught our attention.
What’s New This Week?
Facebook Announces New Look for News Feed: The “new version of Facebook designed to reduce clutter and focus more on stories from the people you care about.” The changes are rolling out slowly and include new feeds and Facebook will now have the same look and feel on mobile, tablet and web. You can join the waiting list here.
Are you wondering how you can use LinkedIn to generate quality leads?
To learn how to use LinkedIn to attract leads and build networking relationships, I interview Stephanie Sammons for this episode of the Social Media Marketing podcast.
More About This Show
The Social Media Marketing podcast is a show from Social Media Examiner.
It’s designed to help busy marketers and business owners discover what works with social media marketing.
The show format is on-demand talk radio (also known as podcasting).
In this episode, I interview Stephanie Sammons, who blogs at Build Online Influence and is the CEO of Wired Advisor—a firm that helps those in the financial industry. She also writes exclusively about LinkedIn for Social Media Examiner.
Stephanie shares her LinkedIn knowledge, tips and experiences when it comes to social networking for your company.
You’ll learn about the tools and techniques that will help you attract leads and connect with business professionals.
Share your feedback, read the show notes and get the links mentioned in this episode below!
Listen NowYou can also subscribe via iTunes, RSS, Stitcher or Blackberry.
Would you like to know how to get the best results with your social media marketing?
We asked twenty-one social media marketing experts to share their best social media tips today.
Here’s what they had to say.
#1: Attract Leads With Facebook Offers
If you’re looking for a new way to attract quality leads using social media, try Facebook Offers.
Facebook Offers are a type of Facebook ad, but they work a bit differently than a traditional Facebook Ad. You can set them up directly from your Facebook Page (no need to go into the Ads dashboard) and they can be created for offline and online businesses.
Although you can use them for many different promotions, I’ve seen the highest conversion rates when marketers use Offers to attract quality leads.
Here’s why they work:
- Offers are promoted in the news feed (as opposed to being placed in the right-hand column on Facebook where you usually see marketplace ads).
- Ads in the news feed can get up to six times more engagement than ads in the right-hand column on Facebook.
- You can hyper-target your Offers to ensure that only the Facebook users who will have a genuine interest in your brand see them.
- When a user clicks on your Offer in the news feed, Facebook sends that user an email to their personal email account outside of Facebook. That means that your Offer is not only seen on Facebook, but now you are getting into the email boxes of interested prospects.
- When prospects open their email, they will see a link to your website or an opt-in page (wherever you choose to send people to claim your offer).
Have you had a look at the new features LinkedIn has to offer?
LinkedIn recently released its new user interface to its entire membership.
While you might be waiting for the launch of the new LinkedIn profile design, there are still many other areas of LinkedIn you can improve upon today.
In this article, you’ll learn more about both new and existing LinkedIn features for your professional profile and company page that can help you get more results from your LinkedIn experience.
LinkedIn Professional Profiles
Want to make sure your LinkedIn profile is prepared for the new profile design (which you can preview by enlarging this image)? Here are some things you should make sure to include in it now.