Are you looking for a new way to connect with your community?
Google Hangouts On Air are an effective way to showcase your expertise.
In this article you’ll discover what Google Hangouts On Air are, how to create and host them and what happens when they’re over.
The Basics of Google Hangouts On Air
Google Hangouts On Air are a simultaneous public broadcast on Google+ and your YouTube channel. During the Hangout, YouTube live-streams and records the session, then hosts it on your YouTube channel automatically. All that and it’s free too.
Do you want a more interactive experience with your audience?
Hangouts are changing the way brands connect with audiences to share advice, interview influencers and more.
In this article you’ll find 10 ways you can entice your audience to join you in real time on your next Hangout on Air.
Why a Live Audience Matters
One of the most intriguing aspects of Google Hangouts on Air is how your live audience accesses your show. Each Hangout on Air is broadcast, recorded and uploaded to YouTube. You can even share your Hangout in real time on your website.
That kind of social media integration makes Google hangouts on air the future of broadcasting. The potential for viral expansion is enormous, especially if you have a live audience talking about your content on various platforms.
But what if you’re having trouble getting real-time viewers to your live Hangout event?
Use the following 10 methods to attract more attendees to your next Google Hangout on Air and every Hangout you produce thereafter.
#1: Use Consistent Branding
The power of consistent branding across platforms is unquestionable. Use a branded banner image (or theme) when you share your Google Hangout because it helps draw in viewers because they recognize you.
Chef Dennis Littley does this well with his Good Day Google+ Hangout series. His branded theme makes his updates immediately recognizable in the news stream and draws fans’ attention to his weekly show.
Google+ Events is yet another way Google+ is competing with Facebook, representing a new opportunity for marketers.
Most marketers and businesses have been using Facebook Events to promote everything from webinars to company fundraising events within their Facebook community.
Now, Google+ has a competing service with new bells and whistles.
Google’s Benefits for Better Business Events
Your ever-expanding Google+ community will benefit from these cool new features that make scheduling, sharing and finding your company’s events easier than ever before.
- Full integration with Google Calendar—users can view and respond to your events on Google Calendar.
- Real-time Event Photo Stream—all attendees can contribute directly to one shared photo collection.
- Mobile Integration—Party Mode allows guests to snap and share photos in real time from their phones.
- Easy Email Reminders—automated reminders are sent out to your confirmed guest list, along with an update that the event is starting.
- Events On Air—allows your event to go public. Anyone can find the event page of a public event, view and upload photos, share the event with friends and make comments.
- Hangout Integration—easily schedule and host virtual meetings and events that can be accessed via a laptop or smartphone by up to 10 guests.
- Event Analytics—gain insight into offsite activities that involve your Google+ Event via Google’s Social Reporting Tool.
Are you looking for better engagement on Google+?
Google+ has a unique culture and set of capabilities that set it apart from other social networks.
Here are four tips that have helped me build engagement and expand business networking.
#1: Follow Active People Relevant to Your Business
Wherever you invest time online, have a target audience or connection with people who could be interested in your product or service, which will eventually lead to sales.
Now, finding these people can be a bit of a challenge, but search makes your job a lot easier.