Google+ Events is yet another way Google+ is competing with Facebook, representing a new opportunity for marketers.
Most marketers and businesses have been using Facebook Events to promote everything from webinars to company fundraising events within their Facebook community.
Now, Google+ has a competing service with new bells and whistles.
Google’s Benefits for Better Business Events
Your ever-expanding Google+ community will benefit from these cool new features that make scheduling, sharing and finding your company’s events easier than ever before.
- Full integration with Google Calendar—users can view and respond to your events on Google Calendar.
- Real-time Event Photo Stream—all attendees can contribute directly to one shared photo collection.
- Mobile Integration—Party Mode allows guests to snap and share photos in real time from their phones.
- Easy Email Reminders—automated reminders are sent out to your confirmed guest list, along with an update that the event is starting.
- Events On Air—allows your event to go public. Anyone can find the event page of a public event, view and upload photos, share the event with friends and make comments.
- Hangout Integration—easily schedule and host virtual meetings and events that can be accessed via a laptop or smartphone by up to 10 guests.
- Event Analytics—gain insight into offsite activities that involve your Google+ Event via Google’s Social Reporting Tool.