According to research conducted by Constant Contact, over 50% of small businesses need help with social media.
While many businesses have a social media presence, many are not engaging on those platforms and thus not meeting their goals.
With planning, your small business can use social media effectively.
Here are seven steps to a social media strategy for your business.
#1: Determine Your Business Objectives for Social Media
How do you want to use social media to help your business? What goals do you want to achieve?
Make your goals as concrete, measurable and achievable as possible. For example, if you currently get five new leads a month, setting a goal to get 100 new leads in the next 12 months is more realistic than setting a goal to get 5,000 new leads.
Are you happy with the marketing role your blog plays?
Many businesses consider blogs “a cost of doing business,” or code for “We’re not sure what it does but we’re afraid to stop doing it.”
In this article I will explore why and how to make your blog the hub of your content marketing plan?
Why make your blog your content marketing hub?
To put a slightly different spin on what Chris Brogan says, blogs are your home base; they are at the center of your content marketing system.
Need some actionable tips you can put to use today?
We asked 10 content marketing experts for their best content marketing tips.
Here they are:
#1: Leverage the Power of Interviews
Without a doubt, one of my hottest content marketing tips is to do interviews… especially video interviews. In fact, it isn’t just hot… it’s downright freakin’ sexy.
Here is why you should add interviews to your content repertoire (big word!) in a fun numerical order:
- If you can ask questions and like talking to people, you can interview someone. No need to come up with blog topics, just ask away.
- Interviews are an incredible relationship-builder. Want to meet your favorite author? Connect with the influencers in your space? Nothing builds a relationship like a good ole interview (especially on video, as you will REALLY get to know someone).
- Replicable, replicable, replicable. There are plenty of interesting people out there in your niche to interview. I doubt you will run out of content. Not running out of content? That’s a good thing!
- Credibility by association. Ahhh, this is a good one. When people see you interviewing awesome people, they assume you are awesome. This is good. For example, people assume I’m probably pretty neat as I can be seen on-screen with Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk and more. You can be pretty neat too.
If you don’t, you could be missing out on game-changing results.
According to the 2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 78% of marketers saw increased traffic with just six hours a week invested in social media.
The businesses that do social media marketing well will see even bigger wins in 2012, as the gap between who “gets it” and who doesn’t grows wider by the minute.
Looking for some ideas to simplify your content creation process?
What follows are 26 tips, from A-Z, to help you create optimal blog posts every time you sit down to write.
#1: Anatomically Correct
A blog post contains several areas that require our attention and care. Pamela Seiple refers to six parts of the anatomy of a lead-generating blog post:
- Eye-catching title
- In-text links to landing pages
- Sidebar/banner calls to action
- Social sharing buttons
- Call to action at the bottom
- Relevancy—making sure the post is relevant from top to bottom
You’ve come to the right place.
Facebook marketing, when done right, is an extremely powerful tool. It can increase your leads, attract highly targeted prospects and position you as a sought-after industry leader.
To reap these business-building benefits, the key is to develop daily habits.
If you’ve been following the boom of social media marketing, you already know blogging is an essential ingredient to any social media strategy. Are you unsure about what to write, when to post, how to grow your subscribers and how to keep them coming back for more? If you’ve had any of these concerns, you’re not alone!
To help you take your blog to an entirely new level, here are 7 tips from the best-of-the-best in the blogging and social media arena. Every expert below has created a thriving blog with tens of thousands of subscribers who engage with their posts on a regular basis. If you want to know how to create and grow a successful blog, make sure to take notes (and take action)!