If you’re looking for some creative examples of Facebook pages from the small guys, look no further!
More than 1,800 nominations came in from our contest. These represent over 500 small businesses.
Our panel of Facebook experts carefully reviewed the nominees and finalists, analyzing their landing pages, engagement, reader involvement and creative use of promotions (among other things).
These days, it seems like just about everyone is giving away something on Facebook.
iPad or $100 gift certificate, anyone?
Keep reading to learn nine tips for making Facebook contests more successful.
Do Contests Really Work?
Some business owners recognize that contests can increase the number of people who Like their business, and even more importantly, they realize that contests can provide valuable customer information. Then there are the business owners who complain that Facebook contests “just don’t work.”
So do contests work or not?
Running contests on Pinterest is a great way to expose your brand to a large audience, attract new followers and engage with your existing follower base.
In this article, I’ll showcase nine businesses running successful Pinterest contests.
Why Pinterest Contests?
Here is why you should run a contest on Pinterest:
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest has accumulated 14.9 million users as of July 2012.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times more efficiently than Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are repins, demonstrating the tremendous “virality” at work in the Pinterest community.
- Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic as of January 2012.
- Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who arrive from other social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Using Pinterest contests, your brand can engage with consumers in a personal and cost-effective way.
Do you have a favorite small business Facebook page? Keep reading to learn how you can nominate it.
The winners will be promoted in our 164,000-reader newsletter and announced here.
How to Nominate
Please make a single nomination by leaving a comment below and include why you like the page (only your first nomination counts).
Be sure to include a link to the Facebook page you’re nominating.
Previously I wrote How to Run a Successful Social Media Contest outlining some important foundational steps: be clear on your marketing objectives, know your audience, understand different promotion types and plan ahead!
If you’re looking to gain even more traction with social promotions, here are eight additional tips to enhance your next social media campaign.
Ensure Your Promotion Doesn’t Get You In Hot Water
It’s difficult to run a successful campaign if your promotion is blocked, removed or challenged in a court of law. So before we get to the fun part of marketing, there are a few logistical tips to keep in mind.