Convincing the Boss
This page contains a flyer (PDF) and letter you can email to your boss.
Download the printable flyer by clicking here.
Email to the Boss
The below email is a simple template you can modify to your specific needs.
You may want to attach the PDF flyer found here.
NOTE: There are four areas in < > that you’ll want to customize. ALSO, if we have a sale going on you may want to mention that in the email.
SUBJECT LINE: <Insert Your Boss’ Name Here>, I’d like to attend Social Media Marketing World
Hi <Insert Your Boss’ Name Here>,
As you know, keeping up on the latest social media trends is essential for our team’s success. <you may want to customize this first sentence based on your unique needs>
The folks over at Social Media Examiner are hosting Social Media Marketing World in San Diego California on April 7 to 9th, 2013. They expect 1000 marketers in attendance.
I believe that attending this conference will enable me to network with industry leaders and discover valuable new ways to market our business.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the event:
* Tracks include social tactics, social strategy, community management / business building and content marketing.
* There are 49-expert led sessions by nearly all the biggest names in social media, including Chris Brogan, Guy Kawasaki, Michael Stelzner, Mari Smith, Jay Baer, Mitch Joel and many more.
* Major brands presenting include Sony Electronics, Ebay, Walmart, Cisco, Zappos.com, Sharpie, Petco, Dell, Whole Foods, SAP, Citrix, Dun & Bradstreet, Caterpillar, Taylormade and the San Diego Zoo.
Here’s the cost break down:
* Event retail cost: $1297 (includes breakfast and lunch)
* Venue hotel rate: $199 per night
With your permission I’d like to secure our reservation to this event before it sells out. Please reply as soon as possible with your decision.
Thanks for considering it.
<Insert Your Name Here>
P.S. There’s a quick video overview here: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/smmworld/