said 1 year, 5 months ago:
@aprylparcher There are a lot of items that you can outsource. These can range from setting up the initial accounts to running them. Here are a few things you can outsource:
- Social Media Marketing Plan Review/Implementation
- Facebook account set up and customization (custom banners, welcome pages, etc)
- Twitter account set up and posting
- LinkedIn company profile set up and management
- LinkedIn personal profile optimization
- Google Place Page – claiming page and optimizing it and other local place pages for optimization
- Blog posting
- Content ideas
One thing that is crucial for business owners to do is to create a social media marketing plan. So many businesses jump into social media without one yet they have a very specific traditional marketing plan.
Although I do occasional post for clients, I truly suggest that the majority of that stays in house. Your postings need to be the consistent with the voice of your company. Social media is all about relationships, so if you have an “outsider” doing the majority of your postings, your “voice” can change. The postings I do are usually links to interesting blog posts, etc. But the actual responses and conversations I leave for the clients to do.
As for finding VAs, there are a number of listing directories out there. One of the best in my opinion is VAClassroom. They provide ongoing training for their members and have a directory. I have taken a number of their training courses and they are always up-to-date on the latest information, so the VAs that take their courses are highly skilled.
I hope that information helps!