said 12 months ago:
I think I know what you mean; you’re looking for ways to take your ideas and silo them onto paper, correct?
With a short lived background in journalism, I think about the 5 W’s when I write strategies:
- Who – Who is the client? Add background to their current social media. This is where you’d talk about the voice of the client.
- What – What are you presenting to them? Are you presenting a social media strategy or is it a part of an over all marketing plan?
- Where – Where will the brand be? Meaning, what channels will you actively engage and monitor?
- When – This is frequency – how frequently will you send messages or monitor on behalf of the client?
- Why – What’s the over all goal? increase revenue? Increased customer base? This is where you would show your metrics for measurement.
Hope that helps! Have fun with the strategy and development!