Kristy C. Cartier
said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:
@rich-brooks @vinil-ramdev I would also think that you would want this person to be able to integrate with any part of the company in order to manage the community as well as find sources of content.
Here is a description for a Community Manager from one of my members (sorry for the length as the posting is no longer available on LI).
Community Manager The Community Manager is an appointedadministrator for clients’ corporate social media communities (i.e. FacebookPage). We seek a highly-motivated individual with experience and fanatical passion for blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and technical writing output.
- Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field.
- Dedicated to blogging and use of Facebook.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side and able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content.
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis,blogs, etc. We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work with different disciplines across the agency, specifically with Creative, Planning & Account Services.
- Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Project management skills. Ability to monitorand oversee a digital project, making sure deliverables are met according to the timelines.
- Demonstrates ability to produce community management guidelines anddocuments that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in Power Point and presentation tools and skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ongoing interaction with consumers on social media platforms.
- Minute-by-minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brands, answer comments, be a mediator.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding our brands, report to appropriate parties
- Day-to-day communication with Client.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Participate in the creation, conception, and presentation of socialmedia strategies and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret the direction of strategy/planning and creative leads.
- Communicate and coordinate client service, production and strategy/planning teams ensuring that community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives.
- Manage all aspects of a social media campaign including posts, tabs and applications.
- Be the eyes and ears of our brands as if your own reputation depended on it.
Listening & Reporting
- Utilize social listening tools to generate insights.
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization.
- Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Create and maintain content calendars, including writing Facebookstatus updates.
- Post relevant content in accordance with content calendar.
- Review user-generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positivecommunity and add value to the user’s experience.
- Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Escalate user-generated Content, where appropriate, to internal andclient stakeholders.