said 1 year ago:
Roost trial update. Features I like:
- they give you a list of suggested posts, photo, update, quote, question, link and tell you how many of each you should use. This is helpful for getting a good variety of content out there. This recipe has helped me discover what the fans of a certain client prefer over the other, for example, one client has fans who love photos, but don’t engage with questions. Another has a very active questions community but the photos don’t get many comments.
- I like that it takes your weeks posts and shuffles them for you. This is a time saver. I don’t know about you, but i have a hard time trying to randomize my scheduled posts.
- I like the simplicity of it and again confirm that this is great for beginners
- I like the at a glance of engagements. It tells you how many have engaged and how they engaged. For example, 8 engagements = 4 likes, 2 comments, 2 clicks
- I like that the roost app symbol on your FB wall is small and unobtrusive, unlike twitterfeed
- Once you “Post” your campaign, you can edit it, but you need to do this in calendar mode, not list. You can delete the post, or slide it on the calendar to a different date or time, and you can edit the text in the post, or change the time it will post.
Features I don’t like:
- I do not like the intrusiveness of the circles
- I do not like that the posts are either in a long list that requires a lot of real estate and therefore bulky to try to navigate and collect data. It would be nice to see the engagement data give more useful information in a more compact space. i.e. time of post, date, engagement.
I have moved much of my scheduled poss over here from Hootsuite, and use hoot suite to monitor mentions and for other twitter stuff.
I must admit, i did not like it at first, but, it is a real time saver, and I have seen a significant increase in my insights and engagements.
Also let me add that the pages I am using Roost for have rather low number of likes. They are rather intimate communities, for now, but I hope to see an increase.
There you have it, my Roost update.
@deairby @kc_kreative @rich-brooks @amyhallbiz @dianebianchi