Joan Muschamp (Fagnani)
said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:
@rich-brooks Having just moved not long ago, I really hit the ground running, so much so that I now teach a class in networking techniques.
For new folks in town, here is what I recommend:
- Look at Meetups – use keywords like Entrepreneur, Small Business, Women Business etc.
- Check for Industry association groups specific to your skill set and your target market
- Find local chambers and start attending some of their events
- If you go to a church, don’t forget that is a potential source of connections
- Ask your health club owner where they network, and the same goes for other small biz folks.
- If you buy a daily deal for a business, if you get access to the owner, ask them
In all these places, when you connect, tell everyone that you are new in town. The helpful people will share where they network, and you might get invited to join a BNI group or other very good group. That has probably been the single most important source of finding new groups for me.